++EYES SPY-

The broad smile Kenneth harbored made his interviewer uneasy.

"Hmm, you seem quite content."

Kenneth adjusted his position, "I don't have a reason to be otherwise. It's a bright and sunny day. I'm meeting people and having enjoyable conversations."

"True, your books are still topping sales, and your protéges seem to be following in your lead," the interviewer said.

"I would say it's the public who is following them," Kenneth smiled.

Kenneth was in a good mood, and it showed. The man literally glowed. Speaking to Monday took some weight off his chest. He didn't lie when he said their story weighed on his mind. Kenneth couldn't count the number of times he scrolled on his phone to Monday's number or how he had thought of sending her the video of his love declaration.

He had chickened out of the idea, which he knew would come off pompous. Their face-to-face encounter was the best decision he made.

Mathilda smiled, "he's glowing."

"He met his middle part. He's been radiating the surrounding since," Bradley said to Mathilda.

"Grreat, who is it?"

Bradley leaned to whisper.

"You've got to be kidding me, rrea-lly, that's a scoop. Kenneth better introduce me to her. He better," Mathilda said while nodding in Kenneth's direction.

In the meantime, Dagmar watched Monday carry on as if nothing had happened, "Monday, are you okay?"

Monday signed a copy and said, "I want to scream and pull my hair out."

Dagmar frowned, "why? It's an original and quite a beautiful apology you've got there."

Could an apology be beautiful? Kenneth managed it.

"I know, it's sweet. That's why it's pissing me off. Dagmar, you were there when he walked past as if I didn't mean shit, you saw.-- I'm not going to lie, my heart is howling his name, but when I think of the hurt, it just seems too easy. Like the man appears out of nowhere and writes me an I owe you note, and I'm just supposed to jump into his arms." Monday expelled.

"Nothing is stopping you from making him pay. He said it himself; you can ask for reparation whatever that's supposed to mean," Dagmar shrugged, "make him suffer. Trust me; there are so many ways to punish a man and make him beg for more."

The corner smile Dagmar harbored didn't reassure Monday, who found herself confirming the thriller writer was definitely not someone to trifle with.

Monday sighed and took a glance at the note Kenneth left. She was done for, and thoughts of the man began to move into her mind. Before she knew it, Kenneth sat cozy as if he owned her thoughts.

How? How Monday howled within as she tried to find why the man was so hypnotizing. There was nothing about Kenneth she fancied. Once again, Monday enumerated her dislikes. Physically, she wasn't a fan of redheads; then again, the man wasn't exactly that. Okay, there were freckles. They were fun-loving, but it wasn't enough to be head over heels. Yes, he had bright eyes, and so what? Kenneth didn't have an athlete's figure. No, lookswise the guy, wasn't it at all.

Mentally?

Okay, there was the intellect, this je ne sais quoi of intelligence that drew people to him, but his voice was sometimes a turn-off. He was cute when he shut it. Yes, Monday liked him best when he talked less and stared intensely into her eyes.

"Oh, boy," Monday whispered as the images of when Kenneth did precisely that and shut it for a few minutes came to slap themselves onto her mind. The author's ears warmed up as the sound of Kenneth's heavy breathing fanned her ears while her brain revived and conjured the intimate moments.