++GARAGE KEYS-

This time Kenneth prepared, or at least he tried. Opening one's heart wasn't an easy matter, and giving the keys demanded truckloads of trust. The man no longer questioned himself about whether Monday was the one. Kenneth shredded his checklist. He made her eligible and the only candidate of his heart.

Commitment.

At the time, he didn't know he had already started when he booked his first flight to Paris and asked Monday to meet him at the Sacré Coeur. Then, Kenneth tried to distill what Monday desired and how she felt about him as he sat across from her. Kenneth showed consistency; it didn't need much effort. The active listener took note of everything the woman said, even the most insignificant details, because, in reality, for Kenneth, nothing in a relationship one desired was meaningless.

They weren't exactly at the beginning, but it seemed they did a mockup rehearsal, and now they tried to do better. 

"How's Mathilda?" Monday asked.

"She's doing great. I think the team appreciates having her insight. Each culture works; differently. The exchange is beneficial. Mathilda loves facts and hates boastful talks. I don't have an ace or hot shot personality among team members or others."

"Except yourself," Monday teased.

"Hahaha, you truly see me as some megalomanic. You're mistaken; I was a socially awkward teen, andㅡwhy are you smiling like that?"

"Sounds like revenge of a blonde who happens to be a redhead."

"Wait till we get back to my suite," Kenneth said as he cut a piece of his faux filet.

"Oh, I'm so scared."

Kenneth winked, "yes, you should be."

Again Kenneth noted how much he appreciated how Monday talked to him. He still had insufferable interactions with some people. Discussions found themselves biased by his interlocutors' apprehension. Every subject became a dissertation for some. Rare were the people who teased him. There was only one person who did.

"She would really like you," Kenneth said after a few bites.

"Who?"

"Greta."

"Oh, your bestie, do you think so?"

Kenneth nodded, "she loves people without tact."

"What?" Monday laughed, "I have a lot of tact. You're the one who can't take a banter."

"Yes, I can."

"No, look at those ripples between your eyes," Monday said.

How did they get there? Monday still tried to find a romantic phenomenon to explain it.

"Aren't you surprised?"

Kenneth raised a brow, "of what?"

"We're here together. I mean,ㅡnever mind."

"I do mind; finish your thought."

Monday looked straight into his eyes, "It was supposed to be one night, right?"

"Who said that? I never did. Why do you assume it was my attention? Okay, I didn't know what would happen next, but I didn't intend on anything. I left you my number, remember? You were the one who didn't deem to open my book."

No, Kenneth never made promises, nor did he say it was only a once-in-a-lifetime offer. All were her assumptions and apprehensions about sleeping with a random guy.

Monday smiled; they continued their meal and returned to Kenneth's bedroom. He booked at the Maison Souquet once more. The hotel still held many mysteries, and the couple decided they would sleep in every room to discover all the decors. Which meant they had twenty nights minimum to spend there.