ENJOY

How?

How did she get herself into this predicament?

But there Luce was, preparing to go to church with Dr.Watkins.

What was wrong with this man?

He was so frigging annoying and had this infamous tendency of appearing unsuspectedly.

Luce found herself looking around her everywhere before speaking. Though frustrated, a part of her wished to profit from the opportunity to question the man. People found doctor Watkins charming. He had this all-English gentleman behavior French women loved. At the same time, he had this dominant aura that reminded Luce of her father.

Mr. Olowe was a strict but fair man who raised his daughters to be independent. He made sure they knew they could count on him if they needed him. He was the type of father who could scold and crack a joke the minute after. Luce loved her father, and she knew her situation worried him. Like many parents, he thought of the moment he would no longer be there. Mr. Olowe didn't wish his daughters to marry for society, he just wanted them to have someone they could rely on, and a spouse was a simple choice.

"Monday, wake up? Don't you want to come to church with me?" Luce asked.

Monday rolled on the side, "pray for me."

"Pray for yourself," Luce shut the door to her cousin's room. Monday disappointed her. All she did was procrastinate. If it weren't for the royalties Luce had got her to put aside, Monday would be on the street, but the money wasn't eternal. Monday needed the inspiration to write; for that, the writer had to find something to infuse the verbal juices into her.

Yet Monday was lazy. Also, she seemed more depressed than she wished to admit. The writer could argue all she wanted, but Luce saw what Monday refused to acknowledge. Her cousin was head over heels for Kenneth.

Their lighting romance left Monday drowning.

It made Luce wonder if it was worth plunging into the unknown when she would usually answer yes without hesitation. Monday's situation made her doubt.

A few days of passion versus steady love, which would you choose?

Monday believed Kenneth used her for sex and threw her once done, while Luce was sure there was more. Perhaps Monday did something that disturbed the man.

Her cousin refused to believe a cigarette could cause such a smokey gate. Monday retained how Kenneth rejected her and the rude way he ignored her calls instead of giving her an explanation.

All Luce could do was pray they either found a shoe that fit concerning their love life or plenitude somehow somewhere.

Luce hurried to church before draining her pace as she remembered who she would meet there.

"Nurse Olowe."

Luce hardly recognized the doctor, who she mostly saw in motorcycling gear or a buttoned white blouse. Then again, she didn't need to cross-examine the man's styles while at work, but at the church's steps, Luce had nothing to do but scan Blaze's appearance.

"Is something wrong?" Blaze asked. Luce's gaze didn't reassure him. He should have chosen the other outfit he hesitated to wear.

"No, nothing," Luce replied while thinking absolutely everything was off.

What was she doing there, with him of all people?

What would the pastor think? Luce didn't want him to get the wrong impression.

Speaking of which.

"Good morning, Luce." As always, Jacob stood ready to welcome the congregation.

"Good morning, pastor."