A MINUTE OR TWO

The group arrived just in time for Kenneth's final piece on how to stay happy.

"But Kenneth, how about if it's my spouse that makes me happy? Well, that's supposed to be simple, but most of us fail the assignment, which consists in taking care of that person. Saying I love you means nothing if actions don't accompany your words," the man stopped, his gaze focused on the citrus lime dress. He smiled, and his stare remained on his flamboyant focus point as he resumed his speech.

"You must take care of that person and do your best to make them happy. They'll do the same," Kenneth crossed his fingers and added, "I hope." the auditorium laughed, and he pursued, "their happiness should make you feel like the luckiest person on earth."

The man looked straight down the center aisle where Monday stood. His heart speeded up a notch. Kenneth didn't know if he could do what he said, but as he stood there, Kenneth set himself the goal of giving it his all. It was the only way to know how far he could go.

Beside the stage, Meredith fumed.

"You need to calm down, Meredith," Rob said when the sound of the woman's grinding teeth fanned his ear.

Meredith rolled her eyes and stormed off. Rob wondered if he should warn her about the anger issues she developed with her excessive reactions.

Kenneth continued to talk, only to see Monday leaving with the man called Ben.

"Dagmar, I'll sign off the DHL, and we'll install the books," Monday said.

"I'll come with you."

"No, Dagmar, you wanted to hear him," Monday added before glancing towards the stage one last time. Kenneth continued as if nothing had happened, and the woman figured he didn't notice her.

She and Ben hurried to one of the delivery entrances to collect the boxes from DHL. The security guards lent them a trolley to bring the books to the booth.

"What did you think of Kenneths' declaration?" Ben asked as he pushed the trolley, and Monday walked alongside him.

The woman's brows caved in for a frown, "what do you mean?"

"It's clear he dedicated a part of his response to you. Didn't you see how he looked down the aisle?"

"Ben, that's your romantic imagination speaking because you know about Kenneth and me."

"No, I swear, Monday. By the way, what exactly is going on between you two?"

They arrived at the booth and began to unpack and open the boxes.

"Do you want the novel blurb or the Live?" Monday asked.

"Both."

Monday sighed, clapped her hands, and raised her stare to the ceiling, "alright, I don't know where I'm heading. I'm lost. He stirs my emotions. My heart skips twenty-two beats when I see him."

"Okay, the Live."

She lowered her voice, "he's not my type of guy. I'm visibly not his, but we connect. So for the moment, we're something we haven't titled yet."

"Okay, sounds good. I think you match pretty well. Opposites attract," Ben said.

"I'd say opposites collide, but If you say so."

Dagmar joined them shortly after, "guys, you missed something. That guy is like a protein shake; he has one growing muscle."

"You like Kenneths' talks?" Monday inquired.

"I admit I was doubtful, but he leaves an open window for reflection."

"Good, Kenneth likes your books as well," Monday added.