Prologue

~Hollywood 1995~

"One, two, three,"

If there was one thing that Sophia Mercer loved more than anything was performing. The cheers of the crowd, the rush of adrenaline, a feeling that no one could ever replace for her.

Sophia and the rest of Sunset Curve continued playing their interments while Luke leaned into his microphone and began singing the first part of the new song that he and Sophia had written together. Sophia admired how much energy Luke put into his performance.

"Take off, last stop"

"Count down 'til we bast off the top"

"Face first, full charge"

"Electric hammer to the heart"

The rest of the band leaned towards to their microphones to sing the next lines of the song. This is what they were meant to be doing.

"Clocks move faster"

'Cause it's all we're after now, oh"

Sophia glanced at Reggie on her side and gestured for him to come over to share the microphone with her. Reggie smiles as he move over next to her, the two of them jamming out.

"Wont stop climing

'Cause this is our time, yeah"

As Luke looks back he gives Sophia a warm smile as she continues the next few lines.

"When all the days felt black and white

Those were the best shades of my life"

The two shared a glance as they smiled after their lines. All five of the teens leaned into a microphone to sing the chores of the song.

"Don't look down

'Cause we're still rising

Up right now

And even if we

Hit the ground

We'll still flying

Keep dreaming like we'll live forever

But live it like it's now or never"

Luke and Sophia both glanced behind them as Alex, their drummer, began to sing his own solo. Sophia smiled at the blonde as her and the rest of the band continued to strum on their guitars.

"We ain't searching for tomorrow"

"Tomorrow" Reggie echoed adding in an extra voice to the mix.

"Cause we got all we need today" Alex sang as the other four continued to strum on their guitars.

"Today" Reggie echoed again, making everyone smile to him.

Luke put both of his hands on his microphone to sing the next line while Sophia strummed on her guitar, "Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins" Reggie glanced over at Sophia just as she nodded her head guesting him to sing the next line on his own.