E L E V E N

Carlos Molina walked around the living room with his tablet in the air as she scanned the room for any sign of ghost activity.

"You can't hide forever ghosties," Carlos whispered as he slowly walked through their house. His tablet lit up as the camera found a figure standing in front of him, "Gotcha!" At that very moment, the lights turned back on and Carlos frowned when he realized the figure he thought was a ghost was actually his aunt. "For the last time, mijo. Ghosts aren't real."

"Typical adult," Reggie sighed, shaking his head. He turned his head looking over at Alex, Isabelle, and Luke who were all sitting on the couch. Isabelle herself hadn't been able to take her eyes, Reggie, not that he minded in the slightest.

"Do you remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?"

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a 'you' thing " Alex stated, making Reggie's expression fall. "I was always pretty trustworthy."

"My parents never trusted a single word that I said since the moment I learned how to speak," Sophia smiled to herself thinking about the many times she annoyed her family with her rants.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie?" Luke asked, making the three pairs of eyes focus on him. "Her dad just busted her, okay? He's probably making her quit the band."

"Well, there's not much we can do about that now," Reggie pointed out. "But... We can still help Carlos. Adults not believing children end's tonight. Showtime," he said quietly before turning off the lamp next to him.

"This isn't going to end well," Sophia whispered to Luke and Alex who nodded in agreement.

"Ghosts aren't real, huh? How do you explain that?" Carlos asked as he and his aunt looked at the now turned off lamp. "Light bulbs burn out all the time Carlos."

"Ooh! Wrong answer, tia. " Reggie quickly jumped to his feet and moved to the window blinds that had been behind him. He started opening and closing them as quickly as he could, "Explain.. this.

Carlos' eyes widened as the smile grew on his face but his aunt, however, gasped in horror and held tightly onto her nephew. "Maybe it's my mom," Carlos suggested. "She knows I haven't been replacing the toilet paper," Carlos' smile fell at his realization.

"Your mama would never scare us. This is the work of a demon!" Carlos' aunt stated

making Reggie halt all his movements. "Hey. Words hurt," he said a slight amount of pain in his voice.

"Wait! I gotta get it on video!" Carlos shouted as he began preparing his tablet to catch the footage he needed.

"Yeah, you do," Reggie smiled in agreement as he hopped back over the chair. "Time for an old classic," Reggie said as he pulled up a white sheet. Reggie placed it over his head and moved around making Carlos' smile grow again.

Carlos tried to capture a picture but ultimately frowned, "Dang, it was in selfie mode," he muttered. However, before he could flip the camera and take another picture his aunt pulled Carlos out of the living room.

Reggie snickered as he tossed the sheet back down and went back to his seat in the chair. Alex, Sophia, and Luke all wore small frowns on their faces.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Alex asked,

"Yeah, I do," Reggie smiled proudly. "I've defended every kid who's never been believed. Some may say I'm a superhero." Sophia chuckled at the statement, only earning an elbow to her side from Alex making her groan. Reggie's smile suddenly fell as realization hit him, "We should probably hide before Julie finds out, huh?"

He asked, then jumped out of his seat and ran out of the room. Alex, Sophia, and Luke all groaned before the three of them jumped out of their seat and ran out of the living room.