T h r e e

The four ghosts stood behind Julie in awe. Alex stepped forward to comfort the younger girl but Luke pulled his back and gestured for them to leave the room. Sophia sighed shaking her head before she and the other boys poofed outside of the studio.

"Dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug," Alex asked once they were outside and Julie couldn't hear them anymore.

"Bro, a ghost hug isn't the feel-good moment you think it is. Alright, trust me." Luke explained as messed with the front part of his jacket. "What Julie needs right now is just a bit of privacy."

"You know what? I think you poofed us out because you can't handle when other people cry," Alex said pointing to a slightly offended Luke. "I should know. I cried in a room for twenty-five years, and I never got a single hug from either of you. All while you two comforted Sophia the entire time."

"A little jealous are we?" Sophia asked with a small smirk on her face.

"Alright bring it in," Reggie stepped closer to Alex ready to give him a hug.

"Don't touch me!" Alex snapped, holding his hand in the air.

"This is why no one hugs you," Reggie said under his breath.

"Okay.." Luke looked between his friends with a slightly confused expression on his face. "I think the first we should do, once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie why she lied about playing the piano."

"Maybe before we do that we could, I don't know, tell her how amazing she is," Sophia suggested and Alex nodded in agreement.

"Yeah totally," Luke smiled as he lightly hit Sophia's shoulder.

"She's legit. I got ghost bumps," Reggie added as he held up his arm. Before any of them could say anything else a very sad Flynn walked past the four ghosts. She let out a couple of sniffles making the three boys' eyes go wide as Flynn entered the studio.

"That's not good," Sophia mumbled.

"Oh my gosh. Was she crying too?" Alex asked.

"Yes!" Luke answered dramatically. "And the only thing scarier than one girl crying is two girls crying."

"He's right," Alex sighed making Sophia roll her eyes.

"Guys, we definitely can't go in there." "But we can listen," Reggie said before the three boys ran over to the door.

"Are you serious?" Sophia asked but all three boys shushed her so they could hear better. Sophia shook her head as she watched the three boys duck down probably so Julie wouldn't see them. Sophia eventually gave in and walked over to the boys, Luke smiled at her then moved over so she could look into the window he was looking into.

"You can't give up music!" Sophia heard Flynn yell once she started listening.

"Your music's like a gift, that would be a tragedy. So, you're basically, like, canceling Christmas, and I love Christmas!"

"Flynn, I-"

"Uh-uh!" Flynn shouted, cutting Julie off.

"When we were six, we promised to be in a band together, Double Trouble."

"I never agreed to that name," Julie joked.

"That's not the point," Flynn sighed then took a few steps closer to her best friend.

"Jules, if you leave the music program, we'll be apart forever. That's just what happens. Sure we'll see each other in the hall sometimes, but... we'll have different lives, make new friends."

"That's not true," Julie reasoned.

"You're right. I won't be making any new friends. And the only time we'll contact each other is when we're liking each other's posts on Instagram. Every time I'll be hitting that little heart, breaking on Instagram. Every time I'll be hitting that little heart, my heart will be breaking because my best friend lets me, and.... Do you have any soda? My head hurts," Flynn said as she brought her hand up to her forehead.