13

Max

It's been a week since she blocked me. I texted her everyday hoping my text would go through. I thought about confrontation but she hasn't even been coming to school. I would be angry if I wasn't so concerned. After all these years, she still has me smitten.

Well it was you who ruined it in first place!

I looked at the flowers in my hand. She always loved Daisies. A smile crept on my lips thinking of old days. It took me weeks to convince her that we should be friends.

And then your popularity came in the way!

**************Flashback****************

I went running to her. She was fidgeting with her books again. "Merida!" I called out from behind and she dropped all her books. I smiled at her clumsiness and got down with her to pick the books.

"Ugh I'm so sorry" She muttered picking up her books. I shaked my head and helped her. She tools the books from my hand and placed it on her locker and close it. "Freaking finally!" She laughed.

"Thank you so much!"

"Eh! No worries. I kind scared you I guess" I chuckled. Why do I laugh so much around her?

"Me! Scared of you? Never!" She scoffed.

"Boo!" I screamed and she flinched. "See" I smirked proudly and she rolled her eyes.

"Did you just come here to scare me?"

"Obviously not. I wanted to ask your favourite flowers!"

"Why? It's daisies!"

"Really I thought it was rose!" I said teasing her.

"Well its not!" She scrunched her nose cutely. "Yeah they're pretty but they have thorns so they can backstab you if you're not cha- careful enough! But daisies they just exist so cute." She took a long breath finishing her sentence.

"Okay! Philly Mer"

"Philly as in philosopher?" She laughed and I nodded.

"So are you going to get me daisies now?" I nodded again. We were moving to our class together. "Are you suddenly muted by my beauty or something?"

"No! Well yeah but no-" She interrupted me with a huge laughter. "What's that paper in your hand?" I asked when I saw her clutching to it.

"Nothing!"

"It's not nothing come on!"

"It's just a song I've been trying to write!"

"You write?" I asked shocked. She shaked her head.

"I sing a little but I wanted to write a song. I'm trying!" She held out the empty paper laughing.

"You sing too!" She nodded. "Somewhat?"

"Will you let me listen? Oh my gosh I'm going to be your biggest fan!" She laughed.

"Later!" She said taking her seat at the front. I went at the back. I wanted to sit beside her ugh! Why did Jack even sit at the front? It's not like he cares about his studies!

************End of flashback***********

I rolled my eyes. It wasn't popularity, I just took "keep your enemies closer" too far to the point where I lost my friend, my crush.

"Bro who are these flowers for? Are you finally accepting Riya's offer!" Jack came from behind startling me. Asshole! I held the urge to roll my eyes and smiled lightly.

"Nah bro. It's for someone else" I smiled genuinely this time.

"Who is she? Is she the one you're texting?" He smirked. I want to wipe off that smirk from his face so bad! Only if he wasn't coach's son, I swear to God I would've already buried him 10 feet under!

"I will tell you later bro!" I ran before he could ask too many questions. Not only he is egoistic and dumb, he is also too nosy. I hope curiosity kills the cat!

Forget about him Max!

I approached her locker and started writing a sorry note. A figure too familiar approached me as I did. I turned around to see Mer watching me confused.

She looked different. Her hair was up in a bun and she was dressed in an oversized hood with loose pants. Dark circles under her eyes very much prominent. There were some dried tear stains on her cheeks. And even then she looked cute.

Like a zombie but cute.

×××

A/n
Yooo this was a long chapter😱😱