15

MAX

It was one hectic day. Seeing Mer made me realize that it was me who caused it. She looked like she hadn't slept properly. And the fact that it might be me who caused it made me guilty.

I knew too well about her migraine and anxiety attacks but still I managed to repeat the same mistake. And like the person she is, she believes in every nonsense people say.

How can she call herself stupid when I was the one who broke her heart saying she could never be a good singer with that voice. When in fact I loved her voice ever since. I could blame it all on Jack but the truth is I was selfish. In the decision between position as captain or position in her heart, I chose to be the captain.

************** Flashback***************

I am so angry. How dare he? I thought he was my friend!  He knew I liked Mer but still. I should've understood when he sat beside Mer at the front. I am fuming.

Just today I thought Mer likes me a little and this! At least she rejected him. I can't explain the relief when she said she likes someone else. Now I hope that someone else is me!

After he proposed I couldn't be there so I ran here to the locker room. I hope nobody notices the bumb here. I didn't think it would break with a kick. Maybe I should talk to her! She must be overwhelmed.

Just as I got out Jack pushed me inside. "What the-"

"It's because of you isn't it?" He pushed me against the locker with a force. My head banged pretty loud against it. Before I could recover he punched me in the nose.

"Look if you want to be in football team you will go and reject her!" He huffed breathlessly.

"No dude just accept she doesn't love you. Coach would never kick me out!" I defended. But he smirked.

"No no coach wouldn't but my Dad would!" Fuck! How can I forget? He can't kick a ball and still is in the team. Coach wouldn't do that, would he?

"You know he would do anything for me!" He smirked again. I was in a dillema. She will understand right? Of course she won't! But I don't have a choice. I freed myself from him and got out of locker banging the door in his face.

In the hallways I could see her talking to people. But she soon turned towards me and talking to me. I have to do this. For the team. Sorry Mer! Hope you'll forgive me someday.

***********End of flashback************

If it was now I would choose her in a heartbeat. Maybe I should text her! Just today then I won't bother! I know I've been saying this from past few days but today is final.

Just as I was about to type in my message, I noticed my texts from yesterday went through. She unblocked me!

Without thinking, my hands pressed on the call button. I suddenly panicked and the phone fell off my hand. Shit! Shit! Shit!

×××