Jill

"Huh. Definitely not what I expected." Chris comments, looking at Jills house.

Before him is a large house with what seems to be miles of free range. Everywhere he looks he sees hills and trees. He can even hear the water from a nearby stream.

He'd always seen Jill as a dainty girl who'd never even associate with a place out in the boonies. Maybe he didn't know her as well as he thought he did.

Shutting the car door behind him he approaches the front door.

But just as he's about to knock the door suddenly swings open. In front of him is a spotted rabbit female who's probably in her mid forties.

"Ma'am. I'm looking for Jill." Chris says as politely as possible.

"Well I'll be. Jill! That human feller you can't shut up 'bout is out hear an' he say's he's lookin' for ya!" The woman shouts into the house.

"Come on in son, I'll put on some coffee." The woman says while dragging Chris into the house.

As he follows her through the house he gets the feeling that he's being watched. Checking around him he sees dozens of younger rabbits looking at him.

"You have quite a large family ma'am." He comments.

"Sure do. They don't say fuckin' like rabbits for nothin'." She replies laughing.

After a bit more walking they walk out the back door where she asks him to take a seat next three older rabbit males.

"Good morning." He says before sitting down.

"So I take it your Chris." The first man says. He's a grey rabbit who appears to be the same age as the woman he'd just met.

"That's right. It's a pleasure to me you uhm..." Chris says extending his hand to the man.

"Bob. I'm Jill's pa." The man replies, shaking said hand.

"And these are Clint and Papa. My son and my Pappy." He adds pointing at the other two.

"Chris. You should've told me you'd be here." Jill says, leaving the house.

"Sorry. I've been trying to stick to face to face meetings lately." He apologizes as she sits down next to him.

"So why the sudden visit? You miss me?" She asks, gently punching his shoulder.

"While I did miss you, that's not why I'm here." He replies with a smirk.

When she doesn't say anything he explains his situation to her.

"Ahhh. Count me in." She replies instantly.

"Odd. Kira didn't hesitate either." Chris says, thinking out loud.

"Well duh. Prolly cause both girls got the hots for ya." The woman from before says, suddenly on Chris' other side.

Chris doesn't reply.

"But it looks like you already know that. Waddya say kiddo, wanna marry my daughter?" She asks Chris. She has a look of excitement in her eyes. Kind of like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

"Honestly ma'am. I just might. But first I've got business to finish on top of figuring out my own heart." Chris replies, unable to be dishonest with this woman. Something about her made him feel like he was talking to the mother he'd never had.

"Good. But fair warnin'. You shouldn't have said that in front of my husband." She says.

Worried Chris turns to find the man a standing a few metres away holding a lever action rifle.

"Shit." Chris comments, fully expecting to be shot.

"Young man, you seem like the reliable sort. So how bout this. You hit more target's than me an' I'll consent." Bob tells him.

Realising that he doesn't have a choice Chris stands up and walks over to the man who for some reason now has two rifles.

He finds himself questioning how the man pulled them out of thin air.

Before he knew Clint had brought a skeet thrower for them to use.

After checking their weapons both men nod.

"The rules are as follows. You will each fire until your weapon is empty and the one who hit the most shots wins. So take aim and may the best marksman win." Clint says before starting the match.

And so one red disk after the other flies out only to be destroyed a second later.

Both men empty their rifles with neither having missed a shot.

Then the second round starts only to be a repeat of the previous. This cycle continues for five more rounds until one of the men misses his last shot.

It was Bob. He'd missed his target by a fraction of an inch. But a fraction of an inch was all Chris needed to grab the victory.

"Young man, that there was some of the finest shooting I've ever seen. If you decide you wanna, I'll give ya my daughter to wed." Bob tells Chris.

The two men shake hands before Chris says goodbye to everyone.

Just as he's about to get into his car he hears Jill call out to him.

"What's up?" He asks her.

"Is it true what you said back there? That you might marry me?" She asks.

From her eyes Chris can tell that this is important to her.

"Listen Jill. There's a lot I need to figure out. My feelings towards all of you is one of those things. But if it turns out what I'm feeling is genuinely love and not just physical attraction then yeah, I might just marry you." He tells her as honestly as he can.

"Will I be the first wife or not?" She asks, shyly.

"If that decision becomes relevant then you should probably take it up with Kira and possibly Eve." He replies with an added chuckle.

"Only those two huh? Knowing you they're likely not my only competition." Jill says before letting him leave.

As he's driving off he asks himself what she had meant with that last statement.

But he quickly dismisses it as her just poking fun at him.

He had no idea how wrong he was.