2. Him

I woke up and checked the time

I woke up and checked the time. It was about 12PM. I dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. I wasn't that hungry.

My Dad came from the garage and I stared at my phone, still eating.

I decided to finally ask, "So are you going to tell me why I had to leave the room?"

He stared at me.

"You'll see" He said. What?

"What?" I asked him, clearly annoyed.

"Get ready we have another meeting," He said, walking out of the room.

Another one? Usually we only have two meetings a week, this would be the third one.

I finished my granola bar and walked upstairs. I walked into my bathroom, turning on the shower. I pull out my phone and text Avery.

Are you coming to the meeting?

I threw my phone on the bed and grabbed a white crop top with vintage ripped Jean's.

(Mavis's Outfit)

I put it on the shower, I stripped out of my sweatpants and t-shirt and stepped in the shower.

What did my Dad mean by "You'll see." It's not like I can see what he said. I'm so fucking irritated.

I lathered my hair with soap and washed it out. I poured some body wash on a loofah and rubbed it on my body. I washed it off and turned the shower off.

I was ready an hour later, and picked up my phone.

Yup.

Great. I won't be alone at least.

We arrived at the building by about 10:30PM ish. The meeting started at 10 but we got stuck in traffic. I hurried out of the car and slammed the building door in my Dads face.

I rushed down the hallway and opened the meeting rooms door. I walked in and sat down on the empty chair, next to Avery.

I looked at her and she didn't look at me. Was she mad at me?

My Dad came in and sat down. He looked at me.

"Mavis, I need you to go in the hallway again," He said sighing.

"Why would you even bring me here just to make me sit in the hallway?" I snapped back rolling my eyes.

I walked to the door and slammed it shut. Avery came out a few minutes later.

"What are they even talking about?" I asked her.

"Well, we are teaming up with another mafia," She said sitting down on the floor. I sat down next to her.

"Why did I have to go to the hallway just for that? I'm a grown woman in the fucking mafia I should be able to know if you got to know," I said pissed off, I threw my phone a few feet away from me.

"You didn't let me finish," She said quietly.

I looked up at her confused.

"He's in that mafia,"

"Who?"

She took a deep breathe and exhaled slowly.

"Louis Reed," She said quietly.

I jumped up hearing the name.

"Louis?! Why in the fuck?!" I screamed. I stomped in the meeting room and swung the door open.

"Louis?! Really?!" I screamed at my father.

"Mavis, you have to get over it," My dad said calmly.

"Calmly," I laughed nodding my head.

"Fuck you," I said coldly and walked down the hallway to our car.

I cant fucking believe this Louis Reed? I hate him with every fiber, cell, vain, anything in my entire body. He tried to kill me then I tried to kill him. It's been like that for years. Once I see him I'm going to kill him. And succeed this time.

Author's Note

Sorry this is really short but I feel like the last sentence is how I should've ended it. When should I make the meet?

-V