Chapter 7

Soon after that night, Jungwon and Jay saw each other every day. Between classes, they would eat lunch together and have study dates at the cafe they met. Those who knew Jay would usually find him in a corner somewhere, away from people, reading or drawing. Now, they would find him with Jungwon with his hands either resting on his thighs or around Jungwon's arm.

In just a few weeks, they grew to know each other all too well. Not only in a physical sense (although they never took it too far) but in an emotional sense. Jungwon would learn Jay's habits and mannerisms whenever he felt anxious and would hold his hand to soothe him. They knew all the right ways to make each other feel comfortable and seen. Despite their differences, they were both looking for a deep, meaningful relationship, and lucky for them they had found it.

After an ordinary day of Wednesday classes, Jungwon, on the way to meet Jay at the library, saw a bulletin board that caught his eye. Displayed were various pamphlets of clubs promoting their meetings and study abroad ads. As he continued looking, he found an ad for a study abroad opportunity in Japan for spring break. Knowing how much Jay loved Japanese authors, Jungwon took a picture of the ad and practically ran to the library.

"Jay!". "Hey", Jay greeted him with a peck on the lips. "Is everything alright?" Jay asked. Jungwon sat and showed Jay his phone, "Look what I found". "Oh yeah, they go to Japan every year. I've been meaning to go", Jay said. "How about we go together?", Jungwon asked. Jay immediately raised his eyebrows and smiled, "do you really want to?", he asked. "Yeah, it looks fun. Plus we can visit the sights they talk about in those books you're obsessed with", Jungwon said. Jay then squealed out of excitement, wrapped his arms around Jungwon, and squeezed him.

"Someone's happy", Sunoo said as he walked up to them. "What's going on?", Heeseung asked, following behind Sunoo. "They're young and in loveee", Jake teased. "He's just happy cause we're going on that Japan trip", Jungwon said. "The spring break one?"Sunoo asked. "We were about to ask if you guys wanted to go with us! We were planning on making it a surprise", Sunoo said disappointed. Jake put his arm around Sunoo to comfort him, "it's okay, at least now we know you guys want to go too!" "Once we're done with our papers, let's go pack," Heeseung said. "We still have a week bro", Jay said teasingly. "Exactly! No time to waste", Heeseung replied. And with that, the group of friends discussed their upcoming trip and tried their best to get some work done despite their excitement. Jay and Jungwon could only focus on each other of course, it's a relief they're naturally smart and don't need to do much to pass.