Chapter 4

"Alright, school ended so do you wanna hang out?" Lucas asked once they left the gymnasium and into the locker room, changing quickly before walking out.

"No," Emerson answered. "Why not? It'll be fun we can do our homework together and study. Isn't there an upcoming test for our math class? It'll be like a study date"

Does Lucas ever stop talking? "Have you ever studied a day in your life?" Emerson asked and Lucas put a finger on his chin, thinking.

"Hm no I don't think I have studied before. Oh my God, it'll be my first time studying and with my favorite person ever, this is so exciting." Lucas beamed.

Favorite person? Seriously? He didn't even know Emerson until today. Bullshit.

"You didn't even know who I was yesterday, how am I your favorite person?" Emerson asked. "Well because you're awesome duh. Like I don't know how to explain it, you're just likable, ridiculously adorable like seriously. I also admire you, like your personality on how you don't give a fuck, you know?"

Did he actually like Emerson's personality? Seriously?

"My personality? That's a first. I guess we can hang out. At whose house?"

"We can go to mine but beware I have three siblings and they're insane, like seriously. Top-notch insanity" Lucas said before Emerson nodded.

How bad could it possibly be? Emerson didn't have siblings he liked it that way since no one could bug him.

He did wonder what it would be like to have a sibling. Would it be fun? Would he be close with them?

"Great! Wait did you bring a car here, did someone drop you off, or are you a bus rider?" Lucas asked, hoping he rode the bus or someone dropped him off so they could drive together.

"I took my car here. If you want I can drive my car back home and then drive back to yours together" Lucas beamed, is it possible to smile that much within a day?

"Yes! Let's go" They both went to their car which coincidentally, were next to each other.

Emerson drove back home, Lucas following up behind him. Once they arrived Emerson turned off the car and saw Lucas parking beside the curbside.

"I'll be right back!" Emerson shouted so Lucas could hear, and nodded in return.

Emerson went inside the house and closed the door, walking to his room. Quickly changing into more comfortable, and appropriate clothes.

Once he finished changing he left the house, opened his car door, grabbed his backpack, and then started walking towards Lucas's car.

He opened the passenger seat and stepped inside putting on his seatbelt. Lucas grabbed Emerson's backpack and placed it on the backseat.

"You look cute wearing regular clothes. Not saying that you don't look cute wearing your uniform because you do, I'm just saying you look even cuter with regular clothes." Emerson squinted his eyes before scoffing.

"I'm just wearing a regular shirt and sweats, not a big deal," Emerson said and Lucas shook his head. "You still look cute" He muttered underneath his breath.

- -

Once they had arrived at Lucas's house, they grabbed their backpacks and went inside the house only to be greeted by yelling.

"LUKE IS THAT you?" A girl's voice said. "Yes! It's me and please don't yell we have a guest and I don't want him to be scared away" Lucas said, a young girl came running towards them.