Chapter 18

"Tá muid abhalie!" (we're home!) Lucas's mom said Lucas paused the show, they were on episode four. "Tá mé sa seomra suí, agus tá Emerson anseo!" (I'm in the living room and Emerson is here!)

The only thing Emerson recognized from the foreign language was his name. "Oh! Hi Emerson, Lucas you should've told us, he was coming over." His mom said, embarrassed at the fact she spoke Irish.

He didn't understand why she would be embarrassed by speaking such a beautiful language. "It slipped my mind, it was a bit sudden. Sorry mam" (mom)

"It's for okay, well you two continue watching whatever it is you're watching," She said, before turning to the twins. "Go to your room, and don't argue, please. Emerson is here, and I don't need you embarrassing Lucas, that's my job" Lucas rolled his eyes.

The twins nodded "Okay mam. I won't argue with nerd boy here" (mom) "Mam! He says this but he's always the one starting things, he just called me nerd boy, and expects me to not be offended." Mason said, crossing his arms, making Michael roll his eyes.

"Not my fault you're sensitive"

"I'm the sensitive one? Weren't you the one crying because a girl rejected you" Michael gasped, "That's bullshit"

"Language!" His mom said loudly, making Michael frown. "Sorry, but Mason is being mean. I trusted you, you said you wouldn't mention it ever again!" Michael said in disbelief, hurt evident in his voice.

"Got popcorn?" Emerson whispered, making Lucas snort. "I wouldn't have mentioned it if you weren't acting like- like ugh! Like an idiot!" Mason retorted back angrily.

"Michael! Mason! Both of you stop and apologize, God, I'm sorry Emerson, this is embarrassing" Lucas's mom said, turning to look at Emerson with an embarrassed expression but Emerson shrugged.

"It's fine, it was entertaining, I don't have siblings so this is honestly refreshing. This might've been the highlight of my day" Emerson said honestly making Lucas's mom sigh of relief, while Lucas gasped.

"The highlight of your day? Was our hang-out not good enough for you?" He asked with a shocked expression, his tone indicating a bit of hurt, and Emerson shrugged. "No, you put some cake on my face"

Lucas frowned, making Emerson's heart clutch with guilt. "I'm just kidding, jeez," He said, giving in. Though the smile that overtook Lucas's face made giving into his pride worth it.

"Well, I'm glad you don't mind them arguing, trust me it happens a lot. Alright, both of you to your rooms, Liz sweetie, you can watch movies with me and your dad in our room. Michael and Mason, you're allowed to join, but no arguing" Lucas's mom said firmly, making the twins nod, and Elizabeth smile widely.

They all headed to the parent's room and Emerson turned his head back, his gaze returning to the television. "Unpause" He simply said and Lucas nodded, unpausing the show.

"You were actually joking when you said that was the highlight of your day, right?" Lucas asked, biting his lips nervously. Emerson turned to look at him, but Lucas's eyes were on the television.

Emerson smiled softly, he adored the fact Lucas was a tad sensitive, it was attractive. He didn't have toxic masculinity as some guys did. He wasn't afraid to show his vulnerability, not like Emerson.

Lucas was proud to do some feminine things like occasionally painting his nails whatever color he pleased, showing vulnerability, being able to express his emotions without considering them invalid, and making himself seem weak for doing so.

Emerson disliked being vulnerable, it made him realize he had feelings, he liked being known of everything, and feelings? Well, they were always unknown and weird.

His feelings for Lucas for instance, made him feel upset whenever he made Lucas upset, happy when Lucas was smiling at something he said. Made him realize he could let someone in his heart. It terrified him.

He never cared for anyone except his mom, and then Lucas came with his charismatic smile, and just swept him off his feet, it was scary.

Lucas made him want to do reckless things. Lucas made him feel as if letting someone in, wasn't such a bad thing.

Emerson took Lucas's hand, making Lucas face him. "I was joking, hanging out with you is the highlight of my day, and just being with you in general." He said, making Lucas grin. "I knew that"

Both of them were staring at each other, their gaze revealing how much they felt for each other, words were not needed.

Emerson certainly wasn't ready but he was getting there, slowly but surely. "Un día estaré listo, y cuando lo esté, podré darte el amor que te mereces." (one day I'll be ready, and when I am, I'll be able to give you the love you deserve.)

"I have no clue what you said but it sounded hot" Lucas teased, causing Emerson to roll his eyes. "You're annoying."

"And you're cute" Emerson smiled, before taking his hands off Lucas's, turning his attention back to the screen.

"Can I lay my head on your lap?" Lucas suddenly asked, making Emerson shock but slowly nodded. Lucas smiled, laying down comfortably, and resting his head on Emerson's lap.

Emerson didn't know where to place his hands, hesitantly he lowered one of his hands-on Lucas's hair, running his fingers through them, while the other was draped over Lucas's chest, intertwined with Lucas's hand.

Emerson felt as if he was as ready as he can be, thinking about it he's grown a tad more socially, sure he still doesn't want any friends, but still. He didn't like being vulnerable, but maybe he wouldn't mind being vulnerable around Lucas.

His thumb carefully caressed Lucas's hand, as if he was scared to take things further. As if he was scared if he did more, Lucas would know.

He whispered "Quiero que seas mío tanto, que me asusta." (I want you to be mine so much, it scares me.)

"Keep speaking Spanish to me, I might just think you're confessing your undying love for me." Lucas teased, causing Emerson to huff out a laugh.

"More like talking shit about you" He replied, and Lucas sighed, before saying "Course you are"

Emerson let go of Lucas's hand, biting his lips anxiously before placing him on Lucas's waist, caressing it, making Lucas sigh contently. "I could just fall asleep" He replied, a small smile forming on his lips.

His eyes slowly dropped, after a couple of minutes, he heard soft snoring coming for Lucas.

"Lucas?" Emerson whispered, not getting a reply. Emerson muttered "Shit" before gently raising Lucas's head, grabbing a pillow, and placing it under carefully, making sure the action doesn't wake up Lucas.

He smiled at the sight, he grabbed his phone, checking the time. It was only 5:47 pm. He crouched down, caressing his cheek softly. "Bye Lucas, un día estaremos juntos. Simplemente no ahora" (one day we'll be together, just not now)

With that, Emerson stood up, texting his mom to pick him up. After a few minutes, his mom texted him he was here, he started walking before turning back.

"Weirdo," He said before chuckling to himself, shaking his head. He opened the front door and left.

He opened the car door, "Hi" He said with a slight smile.

"You know I have to meet this famous Lucas, you seem happier now, you're even smiling at me more often," She said and Emerson shrugged.

"He has the effect and one day."

She started driving "You know, you should invite him over tomorrow for dinner." She suggested and Emerson nodded.

"I'll ask him" He replied, before turning at the window.

Thinking about how right his mother is, he has been smiling a lot, his heart had started to feel lighter.

"Good!" She said smiling.

Never did Emerson think he'd fall for Lucas.