Chapter 15

Emerson had texted Lucas the next morning that he accepted Lucas's invitation to hang out. He had just finished getting ready, he wasn't sure what they were going to do today.

Just in case, he dressed comfortably. He was wondering where they were going, or if they were just going to hang out at Lucas's house.

After a few seconds, Emerson got a phone call, grabbing his phone from his nightstand, he looked at the caller id, realizing it was Lucas calling him, he quickly answered the phone.

"Hi, Sugar, I'm outside," Lucas said and Emerson nodded before realizing Lucas couldn't see him. "Okay," He answered before hanging up. He left his room, going straight down to the front door.

Walking towards the door, he couldn't ignore his heartbeat take was racing abnormally fast, he felt as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest any second now.

Once he was seated inside the car and had put on his seatbelt, he was immediately greeted by a happy Lucas.

"Hey Sugar! so I got us tickets, guess where!"Lucas said excitedly and Emerson looked over at Lucas, overwhelmed over how Lucas always looked so effortlessly beautiful.

"I'm not good at guessing games" Emerson simply stated. "Okay okay, I'll tell you. We're going to a planet-um planetaram?"

"Do you mean a planetarium?" Emerson asked and Lucas nodded. "Yeah, I forgot how to pronounce it, it's a big word," Lucas said, and Emerson snorted.

"Stupid"

"Hey! I'm not stupid, you are. And aren't you going to ask why we're going to a planetarium?" Lucas inquired before he started to drive, looking at Google maps on his phone for directions.

"Why are we going there?" Emerson asked, and Lucas smirked. "Cause, I remember you saying my freckles look like stars so I thought that was cute and was like wow we should visit that one place with the things that have planets and space in general and so I thought if we visit there, you'd look at the stars and think of me"

Not once in Emerson's life has he ever wanted to kiss someone so bad, as he did right now.

He was completely dumbfounded, why was Lucas always like this? So unaware of the effects he had on Emerson.

Unaware of how his words can cause Emerson to feel so many overwhelming emotions, so many butterflies.

He hadn't realized he was blatantly staring at Lucas until Lucas spoke up saying "Did I make you uncomfortable? God I keep seem to be doing that, I'm sorry we don't have to go-" He was about to continue rambling when Emerson cut him off.

"N-no-" Emerson cleared his throat, embarrassed at the fact he just stuttered, he never stuttered.

"You don't make me uncomfortable, at all. I just think it's cute, I really wanna go, with you."

Emerson mentally facepalmed. Good job trying to be subtle, stupid.

"Really? That's great!" Lucas said, grinning. He knew he shouldn't get his hopes up, but he couldn't help it. Not when Emerson says stuff like that, to him and no one else.

- -

Arriving at the planetarium, Emerson couldn't help but feel excited, all the times they've both gone out, it felt like a date.

Lucas chewed his bottom lip nervously, wanting to hold hands with Emerson, yet not wanting to frighten him.

The possible rejection would upset him, but even if there was a slight chance Emerson would say yes, he might as well risk it.