Chapter 22

a/n: this chapter they'll be talking about sexualities and gender identities. due to that, they'll be a change of pronouns starting this chapter!

"Were you not paying attention to me when I was saying the rules and even explaining them?" Lucas asked dumbfounded.

"What do you mean? They're the same number!" Lucas's eyes twitched.

"Cam, that's a six, the number he put down was a nine," Wilson said with a neutral expression.

"Oh, I see. My bad" Cameron said, before looking through his deck of cards, and sighing. He grabbed a card from the other deck.

"How did you even think that was a nine? There's literally a fucking line under the six so you're able to tell the difference between the six and nine. And you had the nerve to call me stupid" Lucas exclaimed.

"You know, you're more of a dick than I took you for. It's weird that I respect that" Cameron said and Lucas's eye twitched.

"I'm not a dick, you're just being dumb and it frustrates me."

"Me being dumb?" Cameron gasped "How dare you!" 

Emerson ignored their bickering, it was pretty entertaining seeing someone actually irritate Lucas. Realizing it was his turn, he placed down a card.

"Stop it, Lucas, go," Emerson said since it was Lucas's turn.

"Fine" Lucas said, placing down a wild card. "Blue"

Wilson placed down a six blue, and Cameron looked at his cards, before placing a blue plus two.

Lucas grimacer "Yikes"

"Yeah, yikes indeed," Emerson said before placing down a green plus two.

"What! You guys are conspiring against me, aren't you? Wow, is it because you guys are jealous of me?" Lucas accused.

"Yeah, we're so jealous of your stupidity."

"This is homophobic, wow homophobia at its finest" Lucas said, picking up four cards from the deck.

"Did you just imply I was straight?" Cameron said with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh? You're not?" Lucas asked with a smirk, trying to eye Wilson subtly.

"Nope" Cameron popping the 'p'

"Oh my God! We should totally get to know each other" Lucas suggested.

"Wow, discard the game why don't you," Emerson said.

"We can continue the game but we should all get to know each other, like with sexuality and gender identity so we don't make each other comfortable when someone says the wrong pronoun you know? But only if you guys are comfortable with that" Lucas stated while Emerson was wondering if he was comfortable coming out.

He just recently came to terms with his sexuality.

"Wait gender identity?" Wilson asked with a confused tone and expression.

"Yeah! You know there are different genders, right? It's okay if you don't know the genders, I don't know all of them. But it's still good to know a few, especially if you don't feel cis." Lucas said with a smile.

"Cis?" Wilson inquired, he was unaware of other genders and terms.

"Cisgender is if your gender identity is the same as your sex when you were born. Like if you're just a guy with he him pronouns then you identify as a cisgender, y'know?" Wilson's eyes widened in understanding.

"Oh okay, well I already know your sexuality, but what's your gender identity?" Wilson asked, and Lucas smiled.

"Okay well since Cameron, you probably don't know, I'm pansexual and my gender identity is agender which is having no gender, so pronouns don't matter to me or what you refer to me as but gender-neutral terms are better. But it's totally okay if you don't wanna use she they pronouns for me if it's uncomfortable for any of you guys," Lucas said, and Emerson could feel his heart palpitate.