Chapter 17

After getting cleaned up, both of them headed back downstairs, the cake was still warm.

They both grabbed their plates and headed towards the living room. Lucas grabbed the control and put on the series Sabrina. Both of them sat next to each other, knees touching.

"Oh, I was planning on watching this but never had the chance to start"

"Me too, I put it on my list but never started, oh my God this can be like that one series we watch only together? Isn't that so cute?"

Wasn't that something couples usually do? Emerson bit his lip nervously, his stomach fluttering at the mere thought of them being a couple.

Abruptly snapping out of his thoughts, he ate a piece of the cake and nodded. Preventing himself from saying something he'll come to regret.

After they were a little less than twenty minutes into the movie, Lucas's eyes widened, practically about to jump out of his face.

"Holy shit, those three motherfuckers are so fucking fine, especially Prudence. Oh lord please don't let them be mean, I'll actually cry"

"They radiate mean energy, I bet they are mean. I mean just look at Sabrina's reaction when she saw them. It's obvious" Lucas frowned "They're so hot too, it's just unfair. But Sugar, Prudence's voice is just so mesmerizing, I think I'm in love" Emerson raised an eyebrow.

"She wouldn't even spare a second glance at you." Lucas gasped. "Take that back! She would totally spare a second glance at me. In fact, she'd probably spare multiple glances at me. Have you seen me? I'm like a Greek God or some shit"

"On the contrary," Emerson said teasingly, causing Lucas to roll his eyes.

"Continue watching the movie instead of bullying me"

"Me? Bully you? I'd never do such a thing" Emerson said sarcastically. Lucas took a bit out of the cake, Emerson wondering if Lucas was actually annoyed.

He mentally cursed at himself, hating how soft and weak Lucas made him. Lucas placed his plate down, crossing his arms. He was staring intensely at the television.

Emerson bit his lip nervously, not wanting to say anything or rather do anything that would make it obvious he had feelings for Lucas, but he couldn't bear the thought of Lucas being annoyed at him.

He grumbled annoyingly before grabbing Lucas's hand, intertwining their fingers. The action startled Lucas but smiled brightly.

Once they were halfway through the episode, Lucas suddenly groaned in annoyance, saying "I feel like I should be understanding because if someone told me they're a witch I wouldn't believe them or demand proof but right now I just want to bitch slap Harvey"

"Wow, you know for allegedly being the sweetheart of the school, you're sorta a bitch" Emerson said, making Lucas gasp in shock. "Me? A bitch? I'm not, I swear. It's just c'mon, Harvey is being dumb right now"

"And you're dumb every day and you don't see me bitch slapping you" Lucas's mouth opened and closed, trying to find words to say, but he couldn't. He simply just crossed his arms and leaned back into the sofa.

"YOU SEE! Sweet mother of God, Harvey I swear to God." Lucas gripped his hair, before putting his hands on his face, groaning.

Emerson simply chuckled, "Give Harvey a break, his girlfriend is telling him that she's a witch, it is hard to believe."

"Yeah but instead of asking for proof or some shit, that dude is saying that Sabrina is only saying that she's a witch and leaving somewhere else, only because he thinks she doesn't want to be with him anymore. All because he said I love you" Lucas said, defending himself on why he's so annoyed, crossing his arms in the process.

"Yeah, that's understandable. Maybe she'll prove it to him"

"DUDE! I hate this show. Sabrina erased his memories and for what? Swear to God, I'm gonna have grey hair by the time this show finishes" Emerson rolled his eyes at Lucas being overdramatic.

Is this seriously the man Emerson had developed feelings for? Yes. Why? He has bad taste in men even though this was the only guy he's fallen for.

"Just pay attention to the show, me duele la cabeza porque estás hablando tanto" (My head hurts because you're talking so much) Lucas turned to look at Emerson with a bewildered expression.

"You speak another language?" Lucas asked in shock and Emerson rolled his eyes. "No, that was English." He answered sarcastically before adding "Obviously I speak another language, I'm half Salvadoran. I don't speak Spanish a lot since my mom knows English well enough, I'm fluent in Spanish though, my dad was American hence the fact I don't have a relatively Hispanic last name since I have my dad's. I asked my mom to teach me Spanish is so, for a few years all I did was speak Spanish at home. Also to other people, just to fuck with them"

A turn-on for Lucas was someone speaking a different language, why? It was incredibly attractive, and right now, he was very attracted to Emerson.

"You're so hot," Lucas said without thinking about it. "Easy there, compliment me again, and I'll say something bad about you in Spanish for the fun of it,"

"I'll speak badly about you in Irish" "You speak Irish?" Emerson asked with a raised eyebrow, not sure whether or not he should believe Lucas.

"Diabhal ceart déanaim" (Damn right I do) Emerson's jaw dropped, he has never heard someone speak Irish before.

"And your parents speak English? I mean obviously, I met them but their accent isn't noticeable"

"They came to the U.S when they were pretty young so they had to learn the language. Their accents aren't noticeable but when they're overly excited to angry, you can hear it but they don't like speaking Irish in front of people they don't know which is why they spoke English, I hear them speak Irish most of the time and we talk to each other in Irish, which is why I'm fluent in it" Lucas explained and Emerson nodded.

"That's actually cool, I never thought I'd meet someone who speaks Irish"

"I'd say me too but our school has a lot of Hispanics." Emerson shrugged, "I don't pay attention to people from school so I wouldn't know."

"Oh no, we keep getting sidetracked, watching a show with you is not good because all I wanna do is talk to you," Lucas said which resorted to Emerson snorting.

"Perdóname, let's continue watching the show, we probably didn't even miss much, we were only talking for a few minutes" (Forgive me) "Okay," Lucas said before looking at the screen.

"Oh Nah, you see those claw marks? I bet it was a demon. There's a demon in their house." Lucas said and Emerson shook his head.

"It's probably not a demon, definitely something other than that, maybe an animal?" Lucas looked at him with a deadpanned expression.

"Seriously? What is this? Vampire diaries and cops blaming animals for the weird shit that happens"

"You watched that show?" Emerson asked, amused.

"Shut up, and pay attention," Lucas grumbled.

"You see! Sugar look at that shit, you can not tell me that's not a demon. Shit has a fucking tentacle- Aw! Look at the cat! Wait a minute, did that thing just shapeshift into a cat? Oh! It's a familiar, that makes sense" Lucas said and Emerson just looked at him.

"They're goblins," Emerson said, tearing his eyes away from Lucas, looking back at the screen. "Yeah but the goblin is now a cute cat, gleoite cosúil leatsa" (Cute like you)

"What'd you say?" Emerson asked and Lucas smirked "Nothing important, Sugar," He said, Emerson, rolling his eyes.

"Si no me gustaste, te habría pateado." (If I didn't like you, I would've kicked you"

"Y'know, it's kinda fun saying shit neither of us understands," Lucas said and Emerson nodded in agreement.

He could confess his undying love for Emerson, and Emerson wouldn't even know.

"Is the maith liom thú" (I like you) Lucas said with a smile, causing Emerson to roll his eyes.

"Okay, I get it, I don't understand jack shit. Watch the damn show" Lucas laughed, ruffling Emerson's hair.

"Gleoite" (Cute)