Chapter 30

It was the end of the school day, gym was finally over. Everyone was at the locker rooms, changing.

Emerson changed quicker and walked towards Lucas. "Hey," Emerson said, leaning again the other lockers.

"Hi, and how do you change so quickly? I literally just finished putting on my pants" Lucas said and Emerson rolled their eyes.

"If you weren't staring at me changing like some pervert then you would've finished changing around the same time I did," Emerson whispered, making sure no one heard. Lucas gasped before he sat down on the bench.

"Wow, that's not even true," Lucas said lowly earning a 'why are you lying' look from Emerson.

"Okay, it's try. I'm sorry, that's very inappropriate of me" Lucas whispered back, as she started putting on one shoe.

"It's fine, just be subtle about it. I'm surprised, someone hasn't questioned you." Emerson said, in their normal tone of voice.

"I'm very subtle with it," Lucas said once they finished putting on their shoes, and standing up, grabbing his backpack from inside of the locker, and closing it.

"Sure you are," Emerson said as they started walking away, and Lucas followed beside them.

"So, I was thinking" Lucas started, she was gonna continue but Emerson cut them off. "Dangerous"

Lucas rolled his eyes at that. "As I was saying, I was thinking about asking you out on our first date" Emerson's breath hitched.

Lucas certainly didn't waste any time asking them out.

"Oh? Already?" Emerson teased with a raised eyebrow, and Lucas nodded in response. "Yep. So, I know you already watched all the marvel movies but I haven't and I really want to, so if you want we can have a movie date and binge-watch them" Lucas suggested.

"I'd like that. We can watch them in chronological order since you said you didn't watch the separate movies" Lucas nodded at that enthusiastically.

"We can do it in my house since it's quieter there and my mom's been bugging me about meeting you," Lucas smirked. "Meeting your parents on our first date?" Emerson rolled their eyes.

"Shut up" Lucas chuckled and ruffled their hair. "Alright, but we're gonna go back to mine so I can change and then seven-eleven to buy snacks and candies."

They both were out of the school and walking towards Lucas's car. "You know, you should let me pick you up sometimes. I'm gonna end up forgetting how to drive if you keep driving me places" Emerson said, as they both got inside the car.

"Okay, tomorrow you'll pick me up" Emerson nodded with a smile. "Good."

Lucas started driving away, a couple of minutes later they arrive at Lucas's. "You can stay here, I'll be quick!" Lucas said before he got out of the car and ran inside the house.

Emerson sighed, clutching their shirt. "Gosh, they're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days," Emerson said to themself.

Meanwhile, Lucas was panicking about what to wear. Sure they were just gonna watch marvel movies at home, together. But for heaven's sake, she was also meeting their mom, which is like terrifying.

After a minute of panicking, he decided to not overthink it and wear black baggy joggers and a midnight blue shirt. They put on slides instead of regular shoes since it was gonna be exhausting putting them back on.

She left the house and went back towards the car. "You look nice," Emerson said as soon as Lucas went inside the car.

"Oh? My sugar plum is finally complimenting me?" Lucas teased and Emerson grimaced.

"Never mind, I take it back," Emerson said after hearing Lucas say that God-awful pet name.

"Not a fan of that pet name?" Lucas said tauntingly, causing Emerson to flip them off.

"No, I genuinely have it, so shut up and drive" Emerson grumbled irritably.

"Fine fine"

- -

Once they arrived, Lucas parked in the driveway, and they both got out of the car.

"Alright, stay in the living room while I go change," Emerson said firmly, and Lucas nodded in response and started walking towards the living room, and then sitting down on the couch.

Emerson went to their room and quickly got out of their uniform. They put on a pair of dark red shorts and a black tank top. Definitely different from what Lucas was wearing but they were in their house so, why not dress comfortably?

Besides, Emerson knew Lucas tried in his appearance to impress Emerson's mother, which she didn't even need to do.

From what Emerson has told their mother, which wasn't a lot, their mom already likes Lucas.

Well in all fairness, Lucas was the first friend Emerson has ever had so their mom was going to like them. Even if Emerson didn't mention anything about them.

Emerson put on their red dragon fluffy slippers because why not? They were extremely comfortable. The best thing Emerson has ever bought.

Emerson left their room and went back to the living room, they sat down on the couch near Lucas, before Lucas abruptly stood up.

"I forgot the snacks!" Lucas exclaimed loudly before running outside and grabbing the snacks quickly and Emerson started laughing.

Once Lucas got the snacks and went back inside, they put the snacks on the table near them before she took a deep breath and dropped down on the couch beside Emerson. "That was a lot of exercise." Lucas suddenly said and Emerson raised an eyebrow. "All you did was run to your car and back." They accused.

"So? I haven't been running a lot recently so I'm getting tired more" They said, defending themselves.

"Yeah, totally."

"Hey! How come all you're wearing is shorts and a tank top?" Lucas exclaimed, looking at Emerson's outfit. Even though Emerson was simply wearing comfortable clothes, as they always do. They still manage to look irresistible.

"Because I'm at my house, Why would I wear decent clothes? Besides, you're exaggerating. I don't know why you're wearing nice clothes, you're just meeting my mom. Even if you come in PJs, my mom will still like you." Emerson said and Lucas shrugged, even though he started biting her lips nervously.

Lucas sighed before saying "I just wanted to make a good first impression, I wouldn't want the mother of the person I like, hating me you know?" Emerson smiled lovingly but then ruffled Lucas's hair while laughing.

"You're so cute. You don't have to worry about my mom hating you, from what I've told her about you, she already likes you" Lucas smirked. "Oh? You talk to your mom about me?" They teased.

"Te odio" (I hate you).

"That sounded rude," Lucas said, and Emerson shook their head, denying that claim. "No, of course not! Its means of course." Emerson said and Lucas raised an eyebrow, contemplating whether to believe them or not.

"I don't believe you, but I'll let it slide... For now."

Emerson grabbed the remote and turned on the television. "I forgot we came here to watch marvel"

"Oh, right!" Lucas said as Emerson put on Captain America the first avenger.

Emerson grabbed a bag of Doritos that was on the table, while Lucas grabbed the cheddar cheese popcorn.

"I just realized, how are you gonna watch a movie, and not eat popcorn?" Lucas asked rhetorically, looking at Emerson with a judging expression.

"Shut up, and watch the movie."