Chapter 11

"What should we do?" Lucas asked, going back to Emerson once he finished washing the dishes, while Emerson shrugged in response.

"What do you like to do for fun?" Lucas asked.

"Nothing? I usually do homework, study, and sleep"

"What?" Lucas deadpanned.

"What do you mean, what?" He asked and Lucas made a bewildered expression.

"Do you know what fun means?" Emerson rolled his eyes, scoffing in annoyance. "Yes, I'm not stupid," Emerson said.

"Just making sure, anyways since you clearly have no idea what fun is, every day we're going to do one thing that I enjoy doing, and if you ever come up with a fun idea you wanna try out, we'll do it." Emerson groaned. "No."

"No? What? Bullshit, I'm not taking no for an answer, you need to start living, Sugar" Emerson glared at Lucas for calling him a nickname.

"Call me Sugar again, and I'll stop hanging out with you" He threatened, which made Lucas smile, ruffling Emerson's hair. "Sure you will."

"So, today we'll... Uh hold up, let me think" Lucas said, thinking of what he liked to do. A couple of seconds later, he got an idea.

"Oh! I know, come on" Lucas said, grabbing Emerson's wrist, leading them up to his room.

When they were in his room, Lucas let go of Emerson's wrist and looked around his room before he smiled and walked towards his closet.

"I used to be obsessed with painting but I stopped since I didn't have time to paint, but I still have paint and a few canvases." He said grabbing his box of art stuff, placing them on the floor, sitting down, motioning Emerson to sit down as well.

He opened the box, taking out his paint, and canvases. Frowning when he realized how his paintbrushes were.

"I have to buy more paintbrushes, they won't work as well now, shopping time," Lucas said, standing up and Emerson standing up after him.

"The nearest art shop is not that far away, just 15 minutes away, let's go"

Lucas grabbed his wallet and keys, leaving the house, and Emerson followed him.

- -

When they were inside the store, Lucas went straight to the aisle that had the paintbrushes. He looked around trying to find a good one.

"Why don't you just get a random one? They're just paintbrushes" Lucas made a distraught gasp.

"If you weren't so cute, i wouldn't forgive you for saying that." Emerson rolled his eyes.

"The quality of the paintbrushes matter, how soft it is, how thin, flat, big the brushes are, Sugar. I'll get each" He said examining each packet of paintbrushes before grabbing a few that are good.

"Actually while I'm at it, I'll get more things. Do you prefer to paint or draw?" Lucas asked and Emerson shrugged.

"Either one, I'm not good at neither of those, and you already have canvases which are for painting so I guess painting," Emerson answered.

"I have a sketchbook at home in case you want to draw rather than paint. But I suggest painting since you can just paint what you feel and do whatever."

"Then I'll paint"

- -

"In all honesty, I thought this was going to be easier," Emerson said, turning his wet canvas and facing it towards Lucas.