5

“Dani, can we talk?” George approached his teammate. Daniella has been rude and avoiding him ever since the night at the club. Since it’s the first race of the season he finally got the chance to see her properly.

“Yeah yeah, I am a selfish person who only cares about herself,” Daniella said as she continue to walk. “See, I said what you were about to tell me. Now we don’t have to talk.”

“Dani…”

Daniella didn’t stop and walk towards her driver’s room. Myra gave George a sympathetic look and followed Daniella.

“Maybe you should try being a little nice to George,” Myra advised as she entered the driver’s room as well. “Or tell him the truth about why you took his seat.”

“Nah,” Daniella shook her head. “He already hates me so why change it. Besides, I really did end up stealing his seat so he has a right to be mad. I know I would if I was in his place.”

George stood outside the open door, listening to the conversation.

“But he is your teammate Dani,” Myra argued. “You two can’t fight or be rude to each other forever.”

“I know, that’s why I didn’t fight with him now,” Daniella gave s sarcastic smile.

“What is the real reason?” the PR manager asked.

“The reason is he hates me and I hate him,” Daniella shrugged. “Simple as that.”

“Dani!” Myra snapped.

Even George flinched and almost stumbled upon in front of them.

Daniella let out a deep breath and sat down. “George is infuriating and knows how to get on my nerves, and when he does that it makes me forget about…about him.”

It took a second for George to fight out what she meant.

Myra immediately went to Daniella's side and hugged her.

“I feel weak whenever I remember Lando and what happened between us,” Daniella confessed. “But I guess fighting with George make me feel otherwise,” she chuckled, almost on the verge of crying. Both Myra and George can hear her voice breaking. “George was right, I am selfish and greedy, and act like a five year old.”

“You are far from that Dani,” Myra comforted her.

George sighed as he decided it will be best for Daniella if he doesn’t apologize.

***

Free practice went well for both the Mercedes drivers and after debriefing Daniella was ready to head back to the hotel.

“Ella.”

Daniella froze when she heard that name. Only one person calls her that and she has no energy to talk to him.

She slowly turned around to see Lando approaching her.

“Hey,” he smiled. But his smile dropped when he didn’t get one in return.

“What do you want?” Daniella asked not wasting any time.

“Umm…bunch of us are going out for dinner tonight,” Lando awkwardly said. “I was hoping if you would like to join us.”

“I have other plans Lando,” she replied.

“Like what?” he questioned. “You always cancelled your other plans for dinner when we were together,” he gave a small smile, remembering the good days.

Daniella wanted to snap at him but tried her best to restrain herself.

“We have to go,” George joined them. “Toto wants us to go over the statistics tonight.”

Daniella gave George a confused look but decided to roll with it.

“Are you sure?” Lando asked. “I mean everyone was hoping that El will join us.”

“Well, turns out El here did a few mistake on the track today so the entire team is paying the price tonight,” George glared at Daniella and then gave a sarcastic smile to Lando.

“Umm yeah…” Daniella nodded. “We have to go, otherwise Toto will be mad.”

She immediately turned around and started walking away.

“See you tomorrow mate,” George gave a quick pat on Lando’s should before following Daniella.

“Ella…” Lando called out but she didn't look back.

Once they were out of sight George started walking side by side to Daniella.

“Ouch..that was cold and awkward,” George commented.

Daniella didn’t reply and walked towards her car.

“And what did he call you, El.. Ella?” he joked. “Seem like he is still in lo…Ow!”

Daniella hit his arm to make him stop talking.

“Don’t ever mention him in front of me,” she pointed her finger at him.

“Otherwise what?” George smirked.

“Otherwise…otherwise I will crash into you on the track,” Daniella replied, not even believing her own words.

“We both know you are too nice to do that,” George said as he put down the finger she was pointing at him.

“Don’t be so sure Russell,” Daniella narrowed her eyes.

George chuckled as he opened the car door for her. “I will see you tomorrow champ.”

“Don’t call me that.”

************

A/N: Does anyone else feels bad for Dani?

How do you think things between Dani and George will progress?

Do you want Lando to try and win Dani back?