29

Daniella was shaking as the cold wind and rain hit her. She thought she was dressed warm enough for the driver's parade but was proven to be wrong. She and George already gave their interview at the beginning but are now waiting for the others to finish as the bus drove around the race track, entertaining the fans. 

Daniella slightly jumped when she felt an arm around her. She smiled at George who pulled her closer to him and also under his umbrella. 

"I would offer you my jacket but then I would be the one freezing," He chuckled as he was also slightly trembling because of the weather. 

Daniella wrapped her arm around him and offered the same warmth. 

"I am praying that nothing bad happens today," She mumbled so only George could hear her. "This weather is…"

"You worry too much," He comforted her. "Everything will be fine."

They were both talking about the possibilities of the race and the weather and failed to notice the glares George was receiving from Lando and Max. 

***

"Be safe out there," Toto said to both his drivers. "And try not to crash."

"I will try my best," Daniella nodded. 

"I don't crash," George smirked. "I am just that good."

"And you wonder why people find you insufferable," Daniella commented as she looked away and put on her gloves as they were only moments away from starting the race. 

Toto groaned as he closed his eyes in frustration. "Don't start again, I beg you," He gave them a defeated look. "Ever since you two became teammates I have…"

"Okay, okay," Daniella put her hands up in surrender. "No need to finish the sentence. We already know you have started losing hair since me and George became teammates."

"What?!" Toto's eyes widened. 

George chuckled and everyone around them laughed. 

"Good luck, George," Daniella smiled at her teammate. "Not that you need it, right?"

"You know I hate you, right?" George smiled back. 

"I know," Daniella playfully rolled her eyes. "I hate you too."

"They are saying they hate each other but their smiles and eyes tell otherwise."

***

"Red flag, Dani," Nate said through the radio. "Red flag."

"What the hell happened?" Daniella asked, immediately feeling worried. She was leading the race so didn't have much idea what was going on behind her. 

"George and Max had an incident."

"What?" Daniella's heart started beating faster. "But..but George was right behind me."

Daniella went back to the pitlane and as the rain was getting heavier the restart was delayed, which gave her more than enough time to go see George. 

George gave a faint smile when Daniella entered his room without knocking. 

"I am okay," He assured her. 

"I was so worried when Nate told me," Daniella expressed her feelings as she kissed him. 

George kissed her back. 

"I am alright Daniella," George smiled and caressed her cold cheek with his warm hand. "Now go win the race."

**********

A/N: short chapter but more Dani and George contents.

I love when they say "I hate you" to each other but actually means otherwise

I think I will end this book after one more chapter