12

“God you are everywhere,” Daniella groaned as George stepped inside the elevator.

George didn’t respond and just pressed the button to the lobby. He didn’t fail to notice that Daniella was dressed nicely, maybe because she is going out with the reporter guy again. But it was none of his business. However he did notice that she does look beautiful, and he is almost unable to keep his eyes away from her.

“Can you please stop staring?”

“Sorry…” George blinked away. “Dani listen…what I did last week…”

“I told you George, I don’t want any explanation or apology,” Daniella looked at him.

George gave a defeated look before he extended his arm and pressed the stop button, halting the elevator.

“What the hell are you doing?” Daniella’s eyes widened. She went to undo what he did but George was quick to hold her arm and pulled her away.

“This is the only way you will listen to me,” he said to her as he directly stepped in front of her.

“George, don’t do this,” she tried to remain calm.

“Daniella,” he choose to ignore her plea. “ I have been trying to talk you for the past week, to apologize and let you know that…that I realize what I did was wrong.”

“Great!” she snapped. “Now let me go.”

She tried to push George aside but once again he stopped her, only this time he pushed her against the wall and frustration and anger with a mix of desperation was visible in his eyes.

“Daniella!” he raised his voice.

Daniella gasped as she tried to push herself further away from him but only managed to press her back more against the wall.

George closed his eyes tightly for a second in frustration and then opened them again. His expression softened this time as he looked at Daniella.

“I know you think I wanted to hurt you but it was never my intention,” he tried to say it calmly so she would understand that he is being genuine.

Daniella looked helpless as she listened to him. She can clearly see that he feels guilty.

“He…Lando called and begged me to help him. At first I didn’t want to but he sounded so…” He paused to compose his words. “He is my friend and I didn’t consider your feelings when I agreed to help him. I didn’t realize at first how deeply his actions effected you, I was blinded by…by my hatred for you. Only last week I noticed how you changed since he broke your heart Dani. I am truly very sorry.”

Daniella let out a shakey breath as George slowly let go of the hold he had on her. She was about to say something but George continued.

“And Daniel told me why you had to move to Mercedes. I would have appreciated if you had let me know before signing the contract but now I understand why you did that,” he added. “I understand everything now…I would have done the same thing if I were you.”

“George…”

“No…let me finish,” he interrupted. “Otherwise you will disappear the first chance you will get.”

Daniella kept her mouth shut and let George continue, ignoring her phone vibrating in her purse.

He let out a laugh as he took a step back. “See…now that I have the opportunity to say everything my brain decided to go blank.”

He paced a few steps before looking at her again.

“What I want to say is I know you will probably never forgive me but…I am sorry. I am sorry for all the hurtful words I have said to you these past two years, for crashing into you last year and making you end up in the hospital. I am sorry for everything.”

Before another words could be said by either of them Daniella’s phone started ringing.

“That’s probably your date,” George assumed before pressing the start button and the elevator went down.

“George, I am…” Daniella was interrupted as the door opened and George stepped out.

“Enjoy your night,” he walked away, without giving Daniella the chance to respond.

***

“What took you so long?” Kevin asked as Daniella exited the building. “I have been waiting for half an hour.”

“Sorry, there was a problem with the elevator,” Daniella explained.

Kevin nodded as he wrapped his arm around her waist and guided her to the car.

George watched from a distance as the duo got inside the car, hoping Daniella will soon forgive him.

The entire night Daniella kept thinking about what happened in the elevator as Kevin went on and on about his possible promotion. All the recent events has occupied her mind and she has come to realization that right now she has no time or strength for a relationship.

Needles to say, the night ended with an argument as Kevin didn’t take her decision well. He tried to convince her to give it a shot but once he realized her decision was final he confessed his feelings hoping that will change her mind, but it didn’t.

Daniella left a very angry Kevin at the restaurant and came back to her home. She thought a good sleep might help her but unfortunately she barely got to sleep as her mind wandered with multiple thoughts.

***********

A/N: Do you think Dani will forgive George?

Thoughts on George's apology?

Also Dani broke up with Kevin and he didn't take it well....