30

6 months later

"How do I look?" Daniella asked George as she admired herself in the mirror. According to her she looks good in the black dress that she has chosen for the team dinner but she wanted George's opinion. 

"You look lovely, my love," George stood right behind her and kissed her cheek. "But I am having a crisis."

"Did you forget to bring your shoes again?" Daniella chuckled as she turned around to look at George. 

"Umm.." He gave her the guilty look. 

"George!!" Daniella groaned. "This is the third time you have forgotten your shoes. What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me," George gave her a cheeky smile, making her playfully roll her eyes. 

"Yeah no, I hate you, remember?" Daniella teased. 

"I know," George smiled as he pulled her closer and kissed her. "You think anyone will notice if we don't go to dinner?"

"Some might," Daniella smiled. "But I don't care."

George swiftly lifted her up in her arms, making her giggle, and took her to the bed. 

***

Max immediately walked towards Daniella as soon as he spotted her. He didn't even stop when a few people called out his name. 

Daniella smiled when she saw Max approach her. 

"Hey Max Emilian," Daniella took a couple of steps to meet him halfway. "Ready for the race?"

"Yeah," Max replied bluntly. "But listen, let's go home to Monaco together after the race. It's been a while since we traveled together, and...I have something important to talk to you about."

"Oh umm," Daniella felt a little guilty, she hasn't been spending much time with her since she and George started dating, and Max clearly is not pleased about her drifting away from him. "I would really love to but me and George are going back to UK tonight."

"Together? Why?" Max frowned. 

"To meet my family," Daniella replied without thinking as she was distracted by George who called out her name from the garage. 

"You family?" Max looked confused. "Why would.." Realization finally hit him. 

Daniella realized her mistake when she looked at Max again. His expression was enough to let her know that he has figured it out that she is in a relationship with her teammate. His jaw tightened as George came over and joined them. 

"Max.." Daniella cautiously told his arm. "You can't tell anyone."

Max looked at Daniella and then at George, who was standing too close to his girlfriend. 

"What is going on?" George asked. 

"He knows about us."

"I am not going to say a word to anyone," Max forced a smile and looked at Daniella, giving her assurance, but then he glared at George. "If anyone finds out and Dani suffers because of that you will pay for it."

***

"Your family loves me," George grinned as he joined Daniella in bed, ready to fall asleep after a tired day. 

"Because I only told them your good qualities," Daniella teased. "Not your bad ones."

"Oh really?" George raised his eyebrows. "What are my good qualities that impressed your family so much?"

"I am not going to answer and boost your ego," Daniella replied. "But all you need to know is I told them the truth."

George chuckled as he pulled Daniella closer and placed a kiss on her cheek. "I love you Daniella, almost as much as racing."

Daniella playfully hit him, making him laugh. "And here I thought you love me more than anything, just like I love you."

"I do love you more than anything," George smiled as he looked at her eyes and then at her lips, never being more sure about his feelings. Daniella was about to say something else when he got out of the bed. 

"Where are you going?" Daniella looked confused. 

"To get something."

He went over to his suitcase and opened it. 

"George?"

He didn't reply as he retrieved a small box and let out a nervous breath. 

"Is something wrong?" Daniella got out of the bed as well, worried with the sudden change in George. 

"Nothing is wrong...but promise me you won't freak out," George said as he turned around but hid his hand behind his back. 

"I promise," Daniella nodded and took a step closer. 

George got the confidence and pulled his hand forward, revealing the small velvet box. 

Daniella's eyes went wide as her heart started beating faster, but was too shocked to respond. 

George stepped closer, his eyes never leaving Daniella and got down on one knee. 

"George..." Daniella gasped as tears of happiness started forming in her eyes. 

He smiled before opening the small box and revealed the most beautiful diamond ring Daniella has ever seen. 

"I wanted to do something romantic for you, I had it all planned, I even wrote down a speech last night," George nervously said as he was getting emotional. "But I couldn't wait any longer, Dani."

Daniella kneeled as well as she was unable to stand properly, trying hard not to let her tears fall. George extended his left hand and she took it. She wanted to give her reply right away but he was not done yet. 

"You don't know this but you were my first love. I was fourteen years old and fell in love with the girl who always crashed into me at the karting races," George confessed, making Daniella look a bit surprised. "I thought the love faded over the years but I was so wrong, it has always been there. Even when we fought I hated myself for hurting you, but I was stupid and didn't realized my feelings sooner. I love you my beautiful Daniella, I always have."

"George..I love you too," Daniella smiled as tears rolled down her cheek. 

"I know we haven't been together for even a full year but I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you," George said as the hopefulness in him increased. 

"Yes," Daniella replied, before he could even ask the question. 

"Let me ask the question first," George let out a laugh, but tears were also building in his eyes. 

Daniella nodded, waiting for him to ask. 

"Will you marry me, Daniella Michaels?"

"Yes, I will marry you George Russell."

THE END

**********

A/N: And we done with this story

Hope you all enjoyed it.

Do you think Dani and George got engaged too soon?

Overall thoughts on the story?