──── ❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 ☙ 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 ❞ ──

➽───────────────❥

You take a sharp inhale as you and the redhead next to you walked deeper into the forest. Ayato takes you out hunting. Apparently, Reiji wanted you to earn your food so it was kind of his idea. The night is cold and dark and your senses reach out in the direction of a young man walking alone in the forest. A camper. He knows that he is being pursued, but he does not realize that it is not an animal that comes for him.

He begins to move faster. At first, you struggle to breathe as you try to keep pace until it sinks in that you no longer have a need to breathe. Focusing on the pursuit, you begin to let go of that sign of humanity. A sharp pain explodes in your mouth as your upper canines sharpen and extend for the first time. Running your tongue over your teeth, you feel your bottom canines have sharpened as well.

You can feel his fear mounting. His breathing becomes ragged. He turns and catches sight of you over his shoulder-the last mistake he will ever make. He stumbles and falls to the ground, and you pounce.

He begins to scream, screams that become a screech when he sees your fangs extend. It is painful, feeling them burst from your gums for the first time, but the pain is only momentary. Soon, his sweet, hot blood is pouring down your throat. You drink and drink, and drink some more. The camper stops screaming, resisting, and soon you can feel his heart beginning to fade away.

"Alright, that's enough for now," Ayato warns, appearing behind you. He pulls at your clothes. "Hey!" he says, forcefully. Losing patience, he tears you from your prey. You clean your face, looking at the soldier's countenance, frozen in horror.

He thought he had escaped his worst nightmare: a corpse rolled into a mass grave. But that was before you came out of the night, eyes and teeth flashing with hunger. Looking down at the corpse, a thought crosses your mind. One that shakes you to your very core. He was...delicious.

'Oh, no! What have I done? My God, what have I become?' You think to yourself with shame. You and Ayato throw find a place to bury the body and go back to the mansion.

༺❀༻

You yelp as Shu grabs you and pins you to the floor. Combat training with him mayyybe wasn't the brightest idea you've had. Not even that, but the fact that he kept his eyes closed the entire time you were trying to battle him made you feel even worse. You got up and Shu stopped close enough for your bodies to touch as he rolled up his sleeve to reveal pale skin underneath. "Have you fed since Ayato took you hunting? Your attacks are weak and you're too slow." He remarked pointing to you with his other hand. You sighed, shaking your head. He offered you his wrist and you hesitantly took it. You felt your fangs extend and burst out of your gums as you sunk your teeth into his skin with a blissful groan as his hot blood rolled on your tongue and trailed down your parched throat.

He pushed you back by the shoulders with a tired sigh, "Let's try this again, shall we?" He said moving back and finally opening his eyes. You nodded with a small sigh, "I'll never get used to this." You closed your eyes putting every inch of focus into your arms and legs as your entire body felt a rush of energy flow. With a loud scream, you charged at him. He threw a punch at your side and you groaned, managing to kneel him in the stomach right after. You punch his jaw, then his side whirling around and maneuvering a roundhouse kick into his stomach that send him back but did not knock him down. He nodded his head at you, "Bettter but you need more energy." He said, pulling his sleeve up once again. You went to take it but suddenly, the door cracked open and you turned to find Yui standing there. "Dinner is ready." She said as you grabbed her and drag her out into the corridor, closing the door behind you before you ask her, "What are you doing here?"

"Just giving you a message." She said peering over your shoulder towards the door with curiosity.

"Yui, you can't just drop by like this, you know. I don't like you seeing me like this." you say in whispers.

"That is why I am here. You see, you're my little sister it doesn't matter what you are, vampire, human, mermaid or a fairy." she says chiding you. You shook your head with a sigh. "Have you seen fairies up close? Their really pretty and have pointy ears." You said with a small smile. She gasped, "Really!?" She asked with excitement. "Pfft. No! Dude, you're really gullible, you know that?" You told her as her excitement dissipated. "Oh, so they don't exist, do they?" She asked and you shook your head with a small smile. "No, Yui, they don't." You answered, walking with her towards the dining room.

༺❀༻

"Bake me one of those horrible cakes that you clearly don't know how to make," Kanato demanded from his spot next to you. You scoffed, crossing your arms over your chest. "If they're so horrible, then why do you want me to bake you one?" You asked with a raised eyebrow probing at his ego. It was his turn to scoff now. "It's because I'm famished and desperate enough to eat your lowly quality food." He said making you roll your eyes. You turned towards the oven. "What kind of horrible cake do you want, your highness?" You asked him sarcastically watching as he eyed you with disdain. "A chocolate mud cake." He said as he sat in a chair watching you while you took out the ingredients. "If I don't kill you, diabetes will but no, you have to be immortal." You muttered under your breath as you heard him make an unpleasant sound. "I heard that you stupid wench!" He shouted making you turn to glare at him. He grinned "Fuck you!" You spat out, grabbing an egg and as you take your aim, you fling it at him. Your aim is true and sure as the egg hits him right on his forehead.

The grin on his face disappears as he turns towards you with anger and charges at you as he screams. Without much else to do you simply stand there like a deer caught in the headlights preparing for the unfavorable result. Then you remember you're a half-vampire and you dodge out the way last minute. He grabs the flour and pours it all over your head as you scream at him profanities that he shots back at you with an immense amount of anger. You two grab each other and fall to the ground, wrestling until you are victoriously on top of him. You look down at him with a smug smirk and he groans. "You have three seconds to apologize you worthless worm," he utters angrily as you pin his arms above his head. "No, I think I'm good." You taunt him, but as he flips you over, you can see the fire burning in his eyes.

He grabs your throat and as if to choke you but instead of actually doing it, he lowered his head and kissed your lips softly. You blinked in confusion until he moved back to examine your expression and rolled away from you. "You taste nice, but you know what tastes better? Blood." He said and next thing you know, his fangs ripped at the skin on your neck. He drew blood so quickly you felt an immediate dizziness but it wasn't as strong as when you were human. After he was done he pitched you up and grabbed your hand, "I wanna show you something he said and dragged you out of the kitchen with a happy smile as if nothing had happened.

He took you to a dark room filled with wax dolls, or should you say, dead girls? Yes, Yui had told you about his sickening hobby but what did you expect from him? To be honest, even worse. He showed you around for a little bit until he pushed you against the wall with a maniacal grin. "What if I make you into pretty doll?" He said and you shook your head at him. His grin disappeared and a sad look took over his features. "But the thing is, (Y/n), I don't want to make you into a doll. Why is that?" He asked out loud, pondering on that thought? "It's probably because...you're super ugly and would totally ruin my collection." He said after a moment's thought and you rolled your eyes at this. Typical Kanato.

➽───────────────❥