𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Laurie Laurence x Reader

Author: mayraki on Tumblr!

Word Count: 968

——————————————————

"So, what are you going to say to her?" Jo March asked Laurie for the third time.

"Hey, Y/n, we've been friend since we could talk. And I wanted you to know that I have feelings for you." Laurie said quickly like he was reading it from a paper.

"Yeah, that. But say it with more feeling this time.." Jo said and let out a little laugh.

"I'm nervous!" Laurie defended himself.

"You have a couple of hours to relax, so do it before you blew it up!" Jo said before going outside the house.

Laurie followed her and tried to stop her. "Can we do it again?" He asked and Jo sighed.

"This is the last time!" She said and Laurie nodded.

You were walking towards the March sisters' house. After you decided that you wanted to learn how to play the piano, you asked your friend Beth March if she could teach you, which she said yes with excitement.

You were about to turn around the house but stopped when you heard two people talking. You recognised Laurie and Jo immediately.

"What are you trying to say, Laurie?" Jo asked.

"I'm trying to say that I like you, I like you a lot. I can't stop thinking about you, you're the first thing that I think about when I wake up." 

Your heart skipped a beat when you heard his voice. It wasn't news that you had a huge crush on Laurie, but you never said anything to anyone. The fact that you just heard him confess his love to another women made your stomach turned and your chest hurt.

When you were about to turned around, your dress got caught in a branch that made you trip into the floor. You felt a light pain in your leg and then heard two people walking towards you.

"Y/n! Are you ok?" Laurie said and helped you get up.

"Yes! I'm fine!" You said quickly and then turned to the other side to walk away but Laurie stopped you.

"Y/n! You're hurt! Let me help you." He tried to grab your arm but you were fast to walk away.

"It's ok! I'm ok. You have a lot to talk with Jo. I'm don't want to interrupt that!" You said with more anger in your voice than you intended to.

"What?" Jo asked you. "Laurie, she heard. Go after her!" That was the last thing you heard Jo say before you got into the woods.

You felt that some tears were trying to go down your cheeks but you didn't want that get to you. You were a strong girl and you didn't need the love of anyone to be happy. But damn, that hurt like hell.

"Y/n! Stop! It's not what you think." Laurie yelled behind you trying to catch you.

"Laurie, I know what I heard. I don't care about it, you have to go back with Jo. You two need to talk!" You tried to sound like nothing was happening inside.

"No! It's really not! You're the one I have to talk to!" You slowed down your walk when you heard his words.

"What do you want to talk about?" You said more calm than before but your heart was still racing.

"I-." He said but then shut his mouth. The moment he was waiting for was right now. Otherwise he would ruin things with you. So this was it. "The things that I say to Jo, weren't really for her."

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. He wanted to let the words out. But the nerves inside of him were making it more slow than he wanted. "There were for... you."

Your heart skipped a beat and you stood there with nothing to say.

"I was saying those things to Jo because I was practicing, for when I was with you. Believe me, Y/n, I've been practicing for a long, long time." He sighed again and prepared himself for the words that were about to come out of his mouth. "I like you." He shook his head and then stopped for a second. "Screw that. I love you. You are the only thing I think about. I can't take you out of my mind. I close my eyes and you are there, smiling at me with that beautiful smile of yours. Or telling me a joke, that makes the whole room burst into laughter. The face you make when you cook, your little smile and how you sit down on the floor when you think you failed. But you could never fail, because everything you do is perfect. You are perfect. I love you, Y/n. More than I could ever love someone."

You stood there with your heart racing and the words stuck in your tongue. You couldn't believe that this was the way Laurie felt about you, you always thought he saw you as a friend and he could never lay eyes on you romantically. But he did. He loved you.

"I love you too, Laurie." You finally said and he let out a little smile at your words.

"Really?" He asked still a little surprised. You nodded and his smile went bigger. He quickly wrapped your arms around your waist and hugged you closer to him. You let out a little laugh and felt his worm body against yours.

You two stayed there enjoying each other's bodies until Laurie grabbed your cheek and united his forehead with yours.

"Can I?" He said softly looking at your lips. But you didn't say anything, you just pressed your lips against his and then felt more happy than ever.