𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐠𝐨

Laurie x Reader

Summary: after over hearing laurie propose to your sister Jo, heartbroken you decide to leave to paris.

Warnings: angst, not proofread nothing else

Author: timhalamet on Tumblr!

Word Count:1046

——————————————————

''would you do me the greatest honour of making me your husband.''

Laurie's words seemed to reply and echo in the dull hollow walls of your mind. Your heart ached as tears dripped down your face . You were going to tell Laurie you loved him. You thought he loved you.

It was obvious now that you were wrong.

With a hand clamped over your mouth you muffle the sob threatening to break out from your throat.

What made it worse was that he hadn't proposed to anyone else.

He proposed to Jo.

Anger simmed through you overtaking the flow of your pain. You had asked Jo if something between her and Laurie had been going on and everytime she replied with 'don't be silly! Laurie's like my brother!' or 'laurie!? What possibly could make you think that!?' and brushed it off with a furrowed brows and a frown.

But that didn't match up with what you had just witnessed.

Through the slightly ajar door you walked down the hallway of lauries and his grandfather's house, hoping to speak to him only to be met with the sight of Laurie on one knee facing Jo, with a small velvet box holding one of the most gorgeous ring you have ever seen.

''would you do me the greatest honour of making me your husband.''

You held back your sob and flew down the stairs not caring if either of Jo or Laurie heard you.

You ran. Ran till you were in your bedroom, without a second thought stuffing the rest of your precious belongings into your suitcase, filling it to the brim.

You looked around at your room savouring every inch before hauling your suitcase and down the stairs.

"you're already leaving so early?"

Marmees soft gentle voice called out from behind you, and you sighed turning around to face.

"should I get laurie to help you?"

A weak smile formed on your face, but you knew it was no use. Marmee could see through anyone.

"no it's alright..I wouldn't want to bother him" your words came out more bitter than you intended to.

Soon without telling Meg, Jo, Beth, or Amy, you walked out of the door.

And to Paris.