𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Laurie Laurence x Reader

Summary: Laurie arrives home after spending his last month in France and rushes to the place of his hearts content in the rain.

Author: somebodytolovesx on Tumblr!

Word Count: 1718

——————————————————

The day brought little warmth for the clouds in the pale sky did not allow the sun to peak through and the rain had started to drizzle in the early afternoon, it had not been a surprise when the weather was not pleasant, November never brought war...

The day brought little warmth for the clouds in the pale sky did not allow the sun to peak through and the rain had started to drizzle in the early afternoon, it had not been a surprise when the weather was not pleasant, November never brought warm days and rarely allowed the flowers to flourish in the March garden. The horrible weather, it had shortened all of the March girl's day besides Jo's who was prepared to go out under any weather circumstances as long as she brought a hat with her and didn't stay out too long to catch a cold and although not among the March girls and only a close friend of the sisters, Y/N's day had too been shortened when her mother had made the ungodly decision to keep her in for the day instead of allow her to proceed to her plans with Jo March.

The two girls were going to go and sit behind the mountain, on the edge of the little river and conjur up tales for Jo's stories and then thread the daisies planted in the grass for Beth at home to say thank you for running into town when both of them were busy with work. It would have been a lovely day and perhaps Laurie would have come and found them as he was meant to be returning from France after her had been gone for there for the entire month, undoubtedly he would have been lonely and would need some livening up by some of his favourite girls.

But Y/N Y/L/N, instead, sat by her chair in the window for the afternoon as the rain got heavier and heavier and read quietly to herself as her mother sat in the other corner of the room with a sour look upon her face, knitting with elegant and slender fingers. She would have usually enjoyed being buried in her books for the whole day but when there was no work to be done or she had different plans, reading seemed like a chore to pass the hours until dinner then bed.

She held her hand shut over her mouth and her shoulders came up to her ears as a figure appeared on the other side of the glass window, distracting her from her wonderous book, but Y/N knew better than to make such a sound when her mother was in so deep with her knitting.

Laurie stood tapping on the glass with the back of his hand with a pale complexion and soaked through with rain clothes.

Y/N hurried over to the door with a giddiness about herself and on the other side, Laurie followed her way. She opened it and gasped at his wet curls sticking across his forehead, the sheerness of his shirt underneath his damp coat, he was shaking from the coldness of the day.