𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 || 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐛

Laurie x Reader

Warnings: female reader implied but not mentioned, dad Laurie, children.

Word Count:652

——————————————————

you had your hand holding on to your oldest child, samuel, who had only just started his first year of schooling. he wore a little uniform, something you and laurie took great pride in.

the five-year old kicks the snow as he walks along by your side, you trying to tug his hand to stop as your other arm holds tightly onto your baby daughter. wrapped up in numerous blankets and warm clothes to keep her immune from the cold weather of this winter as you met your boy to walk him back from school.

he had finished for the day, and when you tried asking him about what he had done, all he could do was refer back to his dad. "where is daddy? why does he never meet me after school?" he asks, lip pouting as he yearns to tell his dad about the boy he stood up to today, or the amount of vegetables he had for his lunch.

"your dad is working in his office, he will see you once you get back, darling" you try but he just grumbles. before using his shoes to kick a startle of snow in front of him, "will you stop, please. your dad paid good money for those shoes, you can change into your outdoor ones when we get home and maybe he will join you outside for a while before dinner" you suggest, smiling down at the boy hoping he will brighten up. however, he just nods.

it was clear that the time laurie had spent working to upkeep with his richer lifestyle was becoming stressful to his son, who wanted nothing more than to play and spend time with his attentive dad. it was only recently that he started working even harder to get extra money and work his way up the ladder, ever since you brought julia into the world.

the pout that the five year-old forced onto his expression left when he looked ahead to see his dad, wearing a big black coat and long scarf, blowing his warm breath into his cupped hands to try and radiate some more warmth in the freezing weather around them.

laurie smiles upon seeing his family ahead, beginning to take longer strides to get closer.

"daddy!" shouts samuel, running ahead to break his hand from yours and runs towards laurie, who kneels down with his arms spread open with welcome, ready to hug his son home from a day of learning.

the boy practically jumps into his arms as laurie grunts in reply, wrapping his arms around his son as he stands up, holding the boy to his chest and rocking him in his arms playfully and warmly.

you could only smile as you watched the interaction, moving your now-free arm to lay the baby girl over, gently rubbing her flushed baby cheeks. "ah, my son. i missed you dearly, how was your day?" laurie asks as you near, placing down the boy to hold his hand instead.

samuel begins to go into great, proud detail of the things he got up to, laurie turning to you and leaning over to give you a gentle kiss to your lips, both pulling away with happy smiles. "what are you doing here?" you ask, watching as laurie wraps one arm around your shoulder, kissing your temple before leaning down to kiss your daughter's forehead.

"i love you" tells laurie, looking back to you before settling another kiss to your lips. "are you listening, dad?" asks samuel, causing you both to pull away as laurie smirks, turning to his son. "of course i am, why would i not?" he teases, "you were busy kissing mummy", laurie's jaw drops dramatically as he runs to his son, who squeals and starts to run away, "c'mere, you!".