Chapter 17: On Your Feet

It was hard, to even walk, even with the crutches, and even with the wheel chair, where I did not have to move my legs what so ever. I felt like it was all over for me that this point, as it felt like even though I had been injured in my legs over a month ago, all at the exact same time too, it kind of felt like my entire body was injured at this point, as my entire body seemed to be extremely weak, all at the exact same time as well, as I rolled the wheel chair forward.
I stared at the TV that was in front of the screen, as I saw that it was just some sort of cartoon, as I knew that I was in the kids section of the hospital, and this was where a lot of kids went if they had injuries, most of the time not nearly as bad as mine had been, though I had seen a kid with a very bad traumatic brain injury, so I felt like I could not speak to soon about all of that either.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then looked away from the TV that was in front of me, as it was just some kid that seemed like he was always at it, as I wondered what had even happened to the kid in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I never had seen the kids parents ever come to see him in the very long time I had been in this hospital, all at the exact same time as well.
I wondered if he was the son of one of the nurses, but that did not make any sort of sense either, due to the fact that I knew that the kid was in a room by him self when it came to the night time, all at the exact same time as well. I felt like I could not help but to feel a bit bad for the young kid, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like all of the other kids seemed to shy away from him, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I would step up and speak to him, and try to make friends with the poor kid, if it were not for the fact that the kid looked to be around 9 or 10 years old, as it made me feel a little bit uncomfortable as to the fact that I would step up and talk to a kid that young in the very first place any ways, none the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too.
I just stared at the big class window that was in front of me, all at the exact same time as well, as I stared down at the food that was right beside me at the table, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like the rest of the kids liked the food a lot, but that was not the case for me what so ever, as it just seemed to be some nasty frozen food to me, if I was going to be for real with my self, none the less.
I pushed the food back on the table, all at once, as I then let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of the thoughts that I had been thinking on before, as I just seemed to stare out the window, all at the exact same time as well, with a bit of a sad look on my face, as I looked at the high way, and I stared at all of the cars that were driving through it.
My father had told me that was a big thing that my mother had bought me for my birthday, all at the exact same time too, which was of course the fact that she had bought me a very nice car, which I normally would be happy for, and I would be excited for it, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that I had always wanted a car, all at the exact same time as well, as my father had told me that it was a Tesla none the less, and that it was self driving, which would for sure help me after my injury, all at the exact same time too.
How ever, I really had not been all too excited about it what so ever, after what it was that he had said to me, as it still hurt me, as to the fact that I had come to the realization that I was never going to be the same ever again, as it was going to be hard for me to even walk, much less play football ever again, as I had got the emails about all of the schools taking their scholarships away from me, all at the exact same time too.
That was also a lot due to the fact that I had not done any of my classes, such as my parents had asked for me to do, all at the exact same time as well, as I just did not feel like doing any thing what so ever. I knew that I was failing every single class that I had, and it was more than likely too late for me to come back on it, even if I tried, but I really did not care all too much for my classes what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I then got my mind off of all of that, all at once, as well.
I just seemed to stare at the high way for a little bit longer, until I then just shook my head, and I looked away from it, as soon as I heard the foot steps of some one coming over to me, all at the exact same time too, which seemed to all of the sudden get my attention overnight to it, all at the exact same time as well, as based off of the fact of how loud the foot steps even were in the very first place any ways, I had to guess that it was not a little kid coming over to play with me right at this very moment in time either.
Not that any kid would want to go over to play with me any ways, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of those thoughts, all at once, as I saw that it was the very big and strong physical nurse that was coming over to me, all at the exact same time as well, as it then all of the sudden began to start to come back to me, all at the exact same time too, as to just what it was that was going on right at this very moment in time too, as I saw the man scrolling through a tablet, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that he was trying to see what today's lesson plan was.
I really had not much done with this guy just yet, such as I had got done with the mental type of nurses, all at the exact same time as well, who had praised me for how smart I had been, all at the exact same time as well. I had got nearly no where with this guy what so ever, how ever, as I knew that it kind of upset him, due to that fact, all at the exact same time as well, as I was sure that it seemed like he was not doing his job, what so ever.
I kind of felt bad for the poor guy, as I knew that it was no the case at all, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that it was all me, none the less, as I knew that I was the one, that, I would not say I was being lazy. I just really felt like I was giving up on all of this, as I had tried time and time again to try to lift my self up, and I had tried to walk with crutches on, all at the exact same time too, but it had not seemed to do all too much to help me what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, sadly enough.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden saw that the man now all at once, did in fact nod over to me, all at the exact same time as well, to go on ahead and let me know that he was in fact about to go on ahead and speak to me, all at the exact same time too, as it got my mind, and it got my focus on to the man, all at once.
I blinked my eyes a few times, almost as if I was pretending to be a little bit lost right now, even though I knew damn well that I was wide awake right now, as I knew as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, and I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self and also to him, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention to the man.
The man seemed to scroll on his tablet again, almost as if he was one of the scouts that had been at the scrimmage the day that I had been injured. Eventually how ever, he then shut his tablet closed, all at the exact same time too, as he quickly put it in his bag that was right behind him, all at the exact same time too, so that none of those tricky kids tried to steal his table, all at the exact same time as well. Once all was said and done, he did in fact look back over to me, to once again make sure that I was in fact paying attention to him, before he did in fact begin to start to speak up to me, all at the exact same time too, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less.
"Alright Grant... Now today... We are just going to try to get you more adjusted to those crutches... It is going to be a while until you are able to walk again, alright?" He said to me, as he knew that what it was that he had said, no matter how it was that I was going to respond to him, I was in the end indeed going to be a bit upset by it, all at the exact same time as well, as for some reason in my mind, I felt like I did not need crutches what so ever, as if I felt like I could walk just fine by my self, all at the exact same time too, even though it was clearly not the case what so ever, all at the exact same time too.
I just seemed to stare at the man for just a little bit longer, with a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the man, all at the exact same time as well, to go on ahead and let the man know that I was in fact ready to get all of this started, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well.
Not too much longer after all of that was said and done, I then all of the sudden saw the man lift his hand out, to go on ahead and help lift my up from off of the wheel chair, all at the exact same time too. I was kind of a little bit upset by this for some odd reason or another, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as if I felt like I just wanted to be on a wheel chair the rest of my life, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I knew that at some point I was in fact going to walk again, like it or not, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that were going on right now, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I had not lost a leg, and even if I had, I knew that I could get surgical legs, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the other thoughts that I had been having before hand, none the less.
I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, once again, as I knew that I still had my legs, and I should be grateful for that, none the less, even if I was not able to really be able to run again, I knew that at some point I would be able to walk, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I had to get this started.
I knew that I could not sit in this hospital for ever, as I knew that my father had already told me that it was going to cost him and my mother over a million dollars when all was said and done, and I did not want to add on to all of that, none the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, and I took the guys hand, all at the exact same time too, as he did in fact help lift me up from off of the wheel chair, all at the exact same time too.
I stood on to the table, to hold my balance a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind on the fact that I was at the very least able to stand, and it was not like I was in fact missing limbs. Maybe I was in fact over reacting about all of this, and it was not nearly as bad as I had first made it out to be in my mind, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden shook my head a bit to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden saw what was going on in front of me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
The man was clearly handing me my crutches, all at the exact same time as well. Not only was he doing that, but he was also trying to help out them under my shoulders for me, all at the exact same time too. I was about to let him do it, all at the exact same time as well, until I then all of the sudden began to realize that this was some thing that I could do my self, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
I shook my head over to the man, as he tilted his head at me, a little bit lost, all at the exact same time too. I knew that the best way for me to recover was to start to do things by my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then shook my mind off of all of those thoughts, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to speak to the man, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, none the less, as well.
"I can do it my self..." I said to the man, as I saw that he was quite a bit surprised by it, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of the fact that I now was being handed over to reigns to the crutches, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that the man was in fact going to let me go on ahead and do it my self, such as I had asked for him to do, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I cracked a bit of a smile on my face, all at once, as at first, I nearly fell over on to the ground, but I managed to regain a bit of some control over my self, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to put on the crutches for my self, all at the exact same time too, with out any sort of help what so ever, as I cracked a bit of sad smile to my self, all at the exact same time too, as for some reason I felt proud about this, none the less.
It was clear the the nurse was proud of me, all at the exact same time too, as he then all of the sudden nodded a bit to me, all at the exact same time as well, as he then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I got my focus on the fact he was now nodding for me to start to head out of the big room that we were in, that was in the middle of the hall way that he always made me try to walk down, all at the exact same time as well.
The man was right beside me, just to make sure that I did not fall what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the thoughts that had to do with the fact that I knew that I had to go on ahead and start to get down this hall way, all at the exact same time as well, that I knew that I saw right ahead of me, all at the exact same time too, as I stared at it with a bit of a blank look on my face, all at once.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I knew that I could in fact do this, all at the exact same time as well, as I cracked a bit of a smile on my face for some odd reason or another, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I knew that I had to go on ahead and get all of this started, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden started to walk forward, with my crutches helping me quite a bit, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I could, but also as stable as I could both mentally and physically, as I kept on going down the hall way, step by step, all at the exact same time as well, as I was starting to feel good about my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, all at the exact same time as well.
I then began to start to go down the hall way even faster than I had been going before, all at the exact same time too, as if I was back on a foot ball field, and I was running a vertical route, all at the exact same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm down my state of mind, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down to the best of my possibility, as I just kept on going down.
I seemed to almost be going at super speeds, when in reality, I was sure that I was only going maybe 1 or 2 miles per hour, all at the exact same time too, but I really did not seem to care all too much, all at the exact same time as well, as I went through the booth, as I saw that for some odd reason or another, every one seemed to be a little bit surprised to see me going down the hall way, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
Perhaps they were more just surprised that I was going as fast as I was, as I then all of the sudden saw them all start to stop them selves for a second, which seemed to confuse me a bit, all at the exact same time too. That was, until all of the sudden, I began to start to hear all of them begin to start to clap their hands, all at the exact same time too, as it was very much to my own surprise, all at the exact same time as well, as it cracked an even bigger smile on my face, all at once.
Just as I was about to turn the corner, all at the exact same time too, to go down the next section of the hall way, all at once, I then all of the sudden began to start to feel some one grab on to me, as if to stop me from the momentum that I had, all at the exact same time too, which did in fact kind of upset me a bit, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the person, to see what was going on.
I realized that it was the nurse that was the one that was doing this stuff with me in the very first place any ways, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a worried look on his face, all at the exact same time as well, for some odd reason or another, which did in fact confuse me quite a bit none the less, all at the exact same time as well, as I tilted my head a bit towards the man, as he let out quite a bit of a loud breath of fresh air, all at the exact same time too, before he then all of the sudden began to nod to me, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, still a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, none the less, until I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to the man, a bit interested in just what it was that he had to say, and why it was that he had stopped me when things seemed to be going good.
The man still seemed to be a little bit off, all at the exact same time too, but in the end, he did in fact begin to start to go on ahead and begin to speak to me, all at the exact same time too, as I begun to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, all at once.
"Hold on kid... You're going a little bit too high on your horses right now... You nearly fell..." He said to me, as I blinked my eyes a few times, still not all too sure as to just what it was that he was even talking about in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, and I then all of the sudden looked below me, all at the exact same time too, as it then all of the sudden hit me as to just what it was that he had even been talking about in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time too.
I had lost control over my crutches, and I was on a path straight down to the ground, with out me noticing one bit, all at the exact same time too, due to the fact that I had been so lost in my head, and I had been so excited to keep on going, all at the exact same time as well, that it was clear that I had not been paying any sort of attention what so ever as to just what it was that was even going on, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
Meaning, that when I was going to fall, I would not have seen It coming what so ever, and I would have smashed my face right in to the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down a bit, all at once, now that I then all of the sudden began to start to realize as to just what it was that was going on in the very first place any ways.
It would have been very bad for me, so I was very thankful for the nurse for saving me, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the man, in great thanks for the fact that he had saved me, all at the exact same time too, as he did in fact nod back to me, and he helped lift me back up, all at the exact same time too, to get my self in a bit more of a comfortable possession to continue on with this exercise all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was in fact grateful for this nurse if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I then nodded to him, all at the exact same time as well, as he stared at me right in to my eyes for just a few moments, until he then all of the sudden nodded back to me, as it was clear that he was telling me that he wanted me to keep on moving forward, none the less. I could not blame him for it either, as I was sure that he had other patients he needed to tend to, all at the exact same time too.
I did not want to waste too much of this guys time, as I then got my eyes back on to the hall way that was in front of me, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then did in fact begin to start to continue on down the hall way, just as I had been doing before now, all at the exact same time as well, as if nothing at all had just happened a few moments before now, all at the exact same time too, as if I was lying to my self.
It was as if I was telling my self, that I was going to walk out of here, and I was going to be healthier than ever, which I knew damn well was not going to be the case, as even if I did in fact recover from my injuries, I still needed to get my self back in to some good shape, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to just continue to go on down that hall way, all at once.
This time, I knew that I had to go a lot slower than I just had been going a few moments before now, as I knew that I had been going far too fast before hand, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I really could have in fact gotten my self hurt quite a bit badly, all at the exact same time too, even if I wanted to try to tell my self that I would have been able to catch my self at the last second, I was not all too sure if that was in fact true.
It might have been true before I had gotten hurt, as I knew that I had been a lot faster back then, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and get all of my other thoughts, and focus off of all of that, all at once, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to continue going down the other corner of the hall way, all at the exact same time as well.
Just as soon as I turned the corner how ever, I nearly crashed in to some one, all at the exact same time too, as I stopped my self at the last second, though at the expense of my own body, as I then all of the sudden began to start going down to the ground, all at the exact same time too. I waited for the impact straight on to my face, as I closed my eyes, and I braced up for it, all at the exact same time too, as the last thing my eyes saw was the tiled floor that was beneath me.
I was a little bit lost at first, as to just what it was that I was even doing right now, as I then all of the sudden did not in fact feel the impact of the hit on the ground, all at the exact same time too, none the less. At first, I thought that I might be dead, until I then all of the sudden opened my eyes, all at the exact same time too, and I saw that some one had in fact caught me just before I had smashed my face right in to the ground, all at the exact same time too.
The nurse, and the person that had caught me, began to start to help lift me up to the ground, which was not an easy task, due to the fact that I was in fact about 200 pounds of pure muscle, all at the exact same time too. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I was glad that I had not hit the ground at all, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the guy that had caught me, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was a bit surprised to see that it was my father, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, to try to calm my self down a bit, as I was a bit lost as to just why it was that he was here right now during a school day in the very first place any ways, all at the exact same time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I wanted to smile at my father, but I did not do as such a thing, as I felt like I was a failure to him right now.
I instead began to start to dip my head a bit low to the ground, all at the exact same time too, as I felt like what it was that I had just done had made me out to be an even bigger idiot to him, all at the exact same time too. He did not seem to he all too bothered by it how ever, luckily enough for me, as I saw him simply just nod over to me, all at the exact same time too, to let me know that he was about to speak to me, all at once, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my eyes, and I got my focus back on to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact nod back to my father, still a little bit disappointed in my self, as I let him know that I was in fact paying attention to him right now. Once it was that he had seen be do as such a thing, none the less, he did in fact begin to start to begin to speak to me, all at the exact same time as well, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say in the very first place any ways.
"Hey son... Good to see you up on your feet!"