Unfold

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to someone nudging me. I groaned and opened my eyes to see who decided to annoy me this early in the morning. Once I open my eyes I come face to face with Rose.

"Morning mama!" She greets me. She is way too happy this early in the morning. "Morning" I grumble in response. "Come on! You have to get up. Jade and I have already been up for two hours." Rose complains.

As soon as she says that I realise where I am. I remember last night, or more specifically our kiss. A smile grows on my face as I think back to the feeling of her plump lips on mine. I'm pulled out of my happy thoughts as Rose starts jumping on the bed.

"Okay. Okay. I'll get up." I give in. I get out of bed and go to take a shower. Once I'm done I realise I don't have any clean clothes with me. Shit. I stalk down the stairs and see Jade standing in the kitchen making breakfast.

She is sweaty from what I can assume was a workout and she looked so hot. Some stray hairs were sticking to her forehead and her shirt clung to her toned body. I could already feel tingles in all the wrong places. Well, not necessarily wrong, but my daughter is here right now...

She looks up and smiles widely at the sight of me in just a towel. "I'm assuming you forgot clean clothes?" I nod in response. She points towards the stairs. "You can go into my closet and grab some." She says with a smirk. I run up the stairs wanting to get out of that situation and go into her closet.

I find some clothes that might fit me. She's taller than me, so everything will probably be a bit big on me, but who cares. I get changed and go back downstairs where Rose and Jade are waiting.

We all eat breakfast and I realise I have to take Rose to school. "Come on Rose, let's get you to school." I pat her on the butt to get her to hurry up. She runs to grab her schoolbag that she still had with her from yesterday.

I turn back to Jade. "Mind if I come back here after I drop her off? I don't really want to be alone at my house right now." I ask shyly.

"Of course! You're always welcome." She winks. She really is a flirt and I curse myself for getting turned on by it every time. She just has this effect on me. Luckily Rose comes running into the room and I take her to school.

During our car ride Rose turns towards me. "Mommy?" She asks. "Yes, sweetie?" I respond. "Why is Jade not your girlfriend?" I am taken aback by her blunt question. This reminds me that kids have no filter.

"What makes you ask that?" I ask her curiously. She shifts her focus back on the road. "Well, she is very sweet and I like her. Your cheeks also became red this morning when I said her name. That means you're in love right?" She asks. Kids really make you think.

"I really like her too, baby. I'm not sure if it's love yet, but we are going to find that out together. Would you like it if she was my girlfriend?" She nods as she mindlessly looks at the scenery.

"Yes. Because she is funny and sweet and she plays with me. Colin was not sweet to me. So if you like her I want her to be your girlfriend." It hurts me when she mentions how Colin treated her. I am so glad she feels comfortable around Jade.

"I'll keep it in mind sweetie." I say as we arrive at the school. She sees her friends and immediately opens her door. "I'll pick you up after school. Have fun today!" I say before she closes the door and runs towards her friends. That child is such a mood. I chuckle and shake my head before driving back to Jade's place.

As I get back I knock on the door. A freshly showered Jade opens it and smiles when she sees me. "Hey, did Rose get to school okay?" She asks as she lets me into her home. "Yes. She was actually so excited she didn't even say goodbye to me." I chuckled.

We walked over to the kitchen and I decided to tell her about mine and Rose's car conversation. "You know, Rose actually wants us to be together." I say in a shy tone. She looks up at me and beams. "Oh really?" She smirks as she walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"Yes, she said, and I quote: 'she is funny and sweet, so if you like her then I want her to be your girlfriend'." I say with a chuckle. She smiles and pulls me in for a short and sweet kiss. "That kid really likes playing Cupid." She says, making me laugh. "She really does."

"But if you want we can make it a reality." She offers. I smile wide and wrap my arms around her neck. "I'd love that." I tell her. "Well then, miss Johansson. Will you be my girlfriend?" She asks. "Yes, miss Cosmer. I would love to be your girlfriend." I say.

I know we said we'd take things slow, but this feels so right. We connect our lips and this time it was full of passion and lust. I can feel her hands roaming around my body, causing me to, once again, be completely turned on. She pulls away and as she does, she slightly pulls my bottom lip between her teeth.

"Want to take this to the bedroom?" She asks. I nod and once again connect our lips before we stumble our way to her bedroom.