The proposal

Jade's POV

Today is the day. Scarlett thinks we're just having a date night, which we have every week, but this date night will be a bit different to say the least. I can't believe I might have a fiancé at the end of the night.

I have spent the past week contacting every me and Scarlett know that would be willing to help me out in the preparation of my proposal.

Two days ago, when Scarlett wasn't home, I made sure to ask her parents for permission to marry her. They both gave their blessings with tears of happiness, which made me hopeful for today and the future. I also managed to get the perfect ring for her. It wasn't a standard ring, because I don't think that suits Scarlett.

Rose also was very helpful in the process and somehow managed to keep everything a secret from Scarlett. She was really excited about everything and immediately asked if she could be our flower girl. Of course, I said yes.

Now, onto my plan. Tonight when Scarlett comes home, we'll go out for dinner (yes, the basics first). While we are at dinner, I'll have some of my filmmaker friends set up a movie screen. When we get home, I'll lead Scarlett into the living room where a video will then start playing for her.

In this video, all of Scarlett's family and closest friends will say a few words before I appear on the screen in which I confess my unconditional love for her and talk about everything she means to me. When the video finishes playing, she'll turn to me and I'll be on one knee with the ring. A true Cosmer way of proposing if I say so myself.

I have about an hour left to prepare, so I get dressed. I decide to wear a well-fitted black pantsuit with red heels. I lightly curl my hair and put on red lipstick to match the heels. I'm imagining my look might help persuade her into saying yes.

When I'm done getting ready I hear the front door opening. I walk into the living room where Scarlett is now standing. She looks at me and her jaw drops. "I'm guessing that's a good sign" I chuckle as I walk to her and close her mouth and give her a quick kiss, careful not to smudge my lipstick.

"You look incredible" she stammers. "I should also get ready, since we're leaving for dinner in 30 minutes." She quickly walks towards the bedroom to put on her outfit. I decide to wait in the living room. Rose was at Scarlett's parents' house, so we didn't need a babysitter.

After a while I hear the clicking of heels, so I turn around. My jaw drops at the beauty in front of me. She's wearing a stunning strapless silver glitter dress that has a split down the side of her legs and reaches just below her knees. I'm at a loss for words as she smiles and walks over to me. "I'm guessing that's a good sign." She teases using my own words against me.

"It's the best sign. You look ethereal." I tell her. Her smile widens and her eyes glisten lightly. "Ready to go?" She asks. I nod and offer her my arm to grab.

We make our way to the car and start driving towards the restaurant. It was a high-end restaurant that provided us with a private room so we couldn't be interrupted. I felt a little nervous, but managed to hide it.

When Scarlett goes to the bathroom I take that as my chance to check my phone. My friends texted me letting me know that everything was set up and told me where I could find the remote to start the video. Aside from that I got many 'good luck' texts. I hear the door open and put my phone away.

The rest of dinner went smoothly and we were on our way back. "Did you enjoy dinner?" I ask as I have one hand on the steering wheel and the other on Scarlett's leg, which she's holding. She looks at me and smiles "Yeah, it tasted amazing. We normally don't really go to a restaurant that's this fancy."