Hello Greece

Jade's POV

It's been a week since my incident with Colin. Luckily, he hasn't tried bothering us since. Today is the day that I leave for Greece to shoot my documentary. It feels very bittersweet to leave Scarlett and Rose, but it is a great opportunity for my career.

The documentary that we filmed together has been published by VICE and YouTube and has been receiving very positive critiques. I'm glad people are seeing what Scarlett and I were trying to show with this doc.

As I'm packing my suitcase, I can feel arms wrap around my waist. I smile and turn myself in the arms to make eye contact with Scarlett. "Hi baby" I greet as I kiss her forehead.

"Do you have to leave?" She asks with puppy eyes. I chuckle at her cuteness. "Yes I do, but that doesn't mean I won't miss you." 'I reassure her. "You better miss me. Otherwise, we're going to have a big problem." She says trying to sound stern, but failing miserably.

"I'll make sure to call and text every single day, so you would hardly notice that I'm gone." Her sad pout slightly disappears. "I'm going to spam you with texts and calls, but I will miss our cuddles." She says, making me smile. "Me too."

I finish packing and make my way to the Uber that is waiting out front. I turn around to hug and kiss Scarlett. "I'll let you know when I'm at the airport and once I've landed on Lesbos." She nods and gives me a sweet kiss.

I get in the Uber and wave one last time to my love. I just know I'm going to miss her so much. Our love language is definitely touch and not having physical contact with each other for weeks, maybe even months is going to be tough.

After a long journey by plane and boat, I finally arrive on Lesbos. The island itself is beautiful. It's your typical Greek architecture with clear, blue waters surrounding it. I get to my hotel, which is near the waters where many of the refugees are coming in and currently located. I quickly text Scarlett that I got here safely.

The hotel room itself is actually really cozy, with a balcony overlooking the ocean. I put down my suitcase and start unpacking my clothes and putting them all in the closet. After a while I notice the time difference is catching up to me. In the U.S. it would be nighttime by now, but here it's morning. I decide to lay down and take a nap.

That nap turned out to be five hours and now it's already afternoon. I'll never get used to jet lag. I get up and decide to explore town for a while. As I'm walking around I see a market and decide to get some souvenirs for Scarlett and Rose. I find a cute stand with an older woman standing by it. Her English was limited, but we made some small talk. She tells me that she makes everything she's selling herself, which makes me want to throw all my money at her. I end up getting a woven bracelet for Scarlett and a cute necklace for Rose.

With the goods, I walk over to a small restaurant to get dinner. They have some amazing dishes in Greece and I decide to get Moussaka, which consists of eggplant, ground meat and mashed potato. It honestly looks like lasagna to me.

After my amazing meal, I walk along the shore back to my hotel. On my walk, I already notice some tents with refugees.I definitely want to try and interview some of them to let them tell their story. I speak very limited Arab and probably with a horrible accent, but it's worth a shot.

I officially start filming the documentary tomorrow, once this annoying jet lag is out of my system a little. I continue my walk and get to the hotel at 9PM local time. I decide to give Scarlett a call, she's probably eating lunch about now.

The phone rings a few times before she picks up. "Hey babe, is it bad that I'm already missing you so much?" She greets, making me laugh silently. "Hi baby, I missed you too. This jet lag is not helping either since it's making want to sleep the whole day." I say.

"How was your first day there? Did you just relax and recover from your trip?" She asks. "I took a five hour nap first, but afterwards I went into town, got you and Rose some souvenirs and had an amazing meal. I also saw some refugees in tents on my way back to the hotel, so I'll probably try to interview them tomorrow." I say explaining my day as I lay down on my bed.

"Ohhh what did you get us?" She asks in her typical curiosity. "I'm not saying that, it's a surprise." I tease. "Ugh fine. But please be careful when you interview people, they might be very scared or feel offended when you come up to them with a camera." She warns me.

"I know, babe. I'll be careful and I actually followed Intercultural Sensitivity training, so I know something about not triggering people. Especially those of other cultures. I just hope they want to cooperate and not see me as a Westerner who might be against them. They have received so much criticism of locals." I explain. The refugee crisis here is such a polarising topic. Some locals want to physically stop them from coming, but others want to provide them with a home.

"I know. And I also know you will do anything you can to tell their stories. Just be careful since things can get hectic when it comes to refugees." She tells me.

"I will." I promise her. "Good. Now go get some rest before you actually start filming. I love you and Rose loves you too." That made me smile. "I love you too and say hi to Rose for me."

"Will do. Bye JJ." "Bye baby" And with that we both hang up the phone. I get ready in the bathroom and soon after I fall asleep.

A/N:

Lesbos actually is slang in Dutch for Lesbians, so every time I write it I have to hold laughter.