Forced to buy a vampire slave -chapter 55-

Chapter 55:

As I pulled the car into the driveway I noticed a small black cooper parked in front of the house.

I didn't recognize it but had a suspicion it was my parents.

I strolled to the front door, sour gummy worms hanging from my mouth, with the package in hand; Corey followed close behind.

As I was just about to reach the first step when the door swung open and my Mom came out.

I saw my Dad hanging back in the doorway, Drake beside him.

"Oh my God, Arabelle. How did this happen?" Mom ambushed me, putting her hands on my shoulders tightly.

"What?" I asked, through a mouthful of candy worms.

"Spit that stuff out. This is serious!"

I took the candy from my lips. "What are you talking about?" I decided on playing dumb.

"You being a vampire!"

"Oh, right."

Dad stood by the door, Drake was now standing on the porch; smoking.

"I'm way behind." Drake claimed. "What's going on?"

"How did it happen?" Mom questioned me, everyone ignoring Drake as usual.

"I don't know, god." I replied.

"How can you not know?!"

"Uh, it's not like I did anything. It just happened."

"Is this why you were asking about my parents?"

"Yeah, speaking of which, were they vampires?"

She looked down, her hands falling from my shoulders. "...Yes...they were."

My Dad's face turned from blank to shock and Drake's was amused shock.

"O-o-oh," Drake hummed. "I get it. It skipped Mom and went to Arabelle."

My mouth opened. "Eh, wha- how did- not fair!"

I heard Corey laughing quietly; I glanced back at him, seemingly more close than I thought, he was easily in touching distance, directly behind me.

"Looks like your Brother knows more than you do about vampires." Corey muttered.

I hit his shoulder, turning back to look at Drake, before my hand fell back to my side I felt Corey intertwine his fingers with my mine; our hands linked together behind my back and out of view.

"Drake, how did you know that?" I asked, trying to be less distracted by who was holding my hand.

He shrugged. "It's not that hard to put together."

Mom spoke up; "It's okay though. You haven't completely turned into one yet, right?"

"Uh, yeah." I replied.

"Good. We can still stop it. I already called the priest."

"Wh-what?"

"I called the priest. He's on his way. He'll be able to rid the evil from you." She stated hopefully.

I stared at her, knowing she was serious but still thinking she had to be joking.

"Wh-how?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure exactly what he does, but I know one of the things involves drinking holy water."

"Um, and this will help how?"

"Just go inside and get ready, he'll be here soon."

I sighed with annoyance and started towards the door, not wanting to talk to her anymore anyways.