Forced to Buy A Vampire slave -chapter 26-

Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry it took so long to post and that I did something different with this chapter; I put it in Corey's point of view, enjoy!

Chapter 26:

Corey's P.O.V

I watched as Arabelle played with her soft, dark hair, sweeping it away from her neck.

She was sitting on the bed; reading

She was so absorbed in the book that she hadn't noticed I'd been staring at her; like usual.

Her fingers danced along her neck, trailing down to the book and flipping the page.

I took a deep breath; inhaling the scent of her perfume that smelled light and sweet.

Every time I looked at her it took my breath away, it felt like if my heart could beat it would be racing.

I'm elated when I'm around her, I'm truly happy when I'm with her.

There is nothing more I'd rather do than spend eternity with her.

But I worry that I won't get to.

I've spent plenty of sleepless nights worrying about loosing her.

I can't bear to think of what I would do without her.

I'd be utterly lost and completely hopeless.

I still can't believe she was engaged to Nick.

I keep trying but I just can't picture them together.

Arabelle is so sweet and innocent and Nick is...well he's a jackass to put it bluntly.

I can' understand why she would like him. Though I don't understand why she loves me either.

She's really, so much better than me.

I ran my hand along the smooth, pale skin of her leg; I used my other hand to run my fingers through her hair, playing with the black, curly strands.

After a minute Arabelle glanced up at me her lovely brown eyes. "It's really hard to concentrate on my book when you're doing that." She said in her sweet voice, with a small playful smile.

I took the book from her hands and laid it on the bed.

"You've been reading for 2 hours straight, don't you think it's time to take a break and pay a little attention to me?" I said.

I kissed her soft, pale pink lips.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around me.

There was a knock on the door a few moments later.

Arabelle got up and went to the door.

I sighed.

She opened the door; it was her Mother.

I sat up and listened to their conversation; apparently we were going to dinner.

We were sitting in a limo, on our way to a restaurant.

"I wonder why we're going to dinner." Arabelle muttered.

"We usually only go to dinner if Mom and Dad have something important to tell us."

"I wonder what it is this time." Drake said from the other side of Arabelle.

She started biting her nails.

I noticed she usually did that when she was anxious.

She looked so beautiful; she was wearing a short black, strapless ruffled dress and dark red heels.

I ran my fingers through my messy hair.

I was dressed in a nice black suit with a black and gray striped tie and black dress shoes.

I took Arabelle's hand to stop her from biting her nails and linked my fingers tightly with hers.

We arrived at our destination and walked inside the extravagantly decorated restaurant.

Arabelle and I sat next to each other, still holding hands.

Drake sat beside me and their parents sat across from us.

After we ordered our drinks Arabelle's Father began to speak. "I suppose you're wondering why we asked you to have dinner with us." He said.

"We'd like to discuss you getting married, Arabelle."

"What about it?" Arabelle asked.

"We need to know you intend on marrying, since you're not going to marry Nick."

Arabelle bit her lip and thought for a moment before saying, "I'd like to marry...Corey."

I was surprised by what she said.

Her Father and Mother glanced at me.

"And I'm guessing you feel the same way?" He asked me.

"Yeah-yes." I said.

He looked down for a moment and sighed.

"Arabelle, I can't stop you from marrying him; it's your choice. So...I guess we should start planning the wedding."

Arabelle looked as surprised as I did.

She smiled, "Really?"

He nodded. "But you have to have an interview with the press; you have to announce that you're marrying a vampire."

She nodded. "Okay."

After dinner we were walking back to the limo when Arabelle's Mother stopped me.

She handed me a small black box. "It was my Mother's." She said, smiling at me.

I took it and smiled at her. "Thank you,"

"I'm sure you two will be very happy, I can tell you really love each other."

I nodded. "I love her more than anything."

"Well I'm glad she found someone as good as you."

She smiled once more and walked to the car.

I tucked the box in my pocket and walked to the limo where Arabelle was waiting.

"What did my Mother want?" She asked me.

I shrugged. "Nothing,"

Once we reached the house Arabelle and I went to her room.

Arabelle flicked on the small lamp by the bed, she sat down on the edge of the bed and slipped off her heels, tossing them in the direction of the closet.

I stood by the door, looking at her.

"What?" She asked.

I shook my head. "You're adorable."

She smiled and looked down.

I pulled the box out of my pocket.

I played with the box, walking towards her.

She noticed it. "Where did you...?"

"Your Mother," I stated.

"Oh,"

I stood in front of her as she sat on the bed, looking up at me.

I kneeled down and opened the box, revealing the gleaming ring nestled inside.

Her cheeks got pink and she bit her lip, hiding a smile.

I smiled. "Arabelle, will you marry me?"

"Yes," She breathed.

I took the ring out and slid it on her finger.

I stood up, holding her hands in mine and I leaned down and kissed her.

We laid down in bed and cuddled.

"Well, this has been a surprisingly nice night." She said.

I breathed a laugh. "That's an understatement."