Forced to buy a vampire slave -chapter 48-

Chapter 48:

A bottle of half-empty pain pills lay strewn across the sheets of the bed, a few orange-coated pills spilling onto the black of the comforter.

I was half laying down, my eyes shut and my breathing slow.

I felt horrible.

The pain was not just in my head but my whole body and I was extremely sensitive to light and sound.

I had to put the TV on mute because it was irritating me so much.

The only think I could think of that was wrong was that I had a migraine- which would not explain why the rest of my body ached and not just my head or I was coming down with the flu or something.

But I didn't feel sick- thank god; I just ached.

I heard a soft knock on my door.

At the thought of just ignoring it I decided not to and just settled with a "Come in."

I sat up, the door opened and to my surprise it was Reaver.

The dream I had immediately came to my mind and I swallowed, my eyes on him as he walked into the room, the door closing behind him.

He greeted me with a smile; a very nice one at that.

"Hi," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"How are you?" He inquired.

Lie or tell the truth?

I decided to go with the truth. "Um, I'm not doing so well."

"Really? What's wrong?" He showed genuine concern which comforted me slightly.

He sat down on the bed next to me.

"I just don't feel good."

His eyes scanned the bottle of pills. "Are you in serious pain or just looking to overdose yourself on pain medication?"

"The first one." I replied.

He put a gentle hand to my forehead and my breath caught in my throat.

"You don't seem to be running a fever; in fact you seem quite cool." He stated, pulling his hand away.

I didn't know what to think of the fact that I wanted him to touch me again.

"So I'm guessing you won't be up to doing much today."

"No, I can do stuff. What do you want me to do?" I replied.

"Well there isn't much to do...the main concern I have is the fact that you're going to make slavery illegal."

I knew this was coming.

"Don't get me wrong; I'm not against it, in fact I think it's a great idea. Vampire's should have equal rights as humans considering they're living here."

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

He nodded. "I just don't think it's going to go over well with the majority of the population because as far as I know everyone supports slavery."

"Yeah, I know."

"So you're not looking to be very popular with your people, huh?"

"Well I just think it's the right thing to do." I shrugged.

"And I'm saying that it is just that everyone else doesn't think it is."

"And I'm saying I know that."

He smiled faintly. "Very well and once the vampires are released from their current enslavement you plan on having them be just as normal civilians?"