Forced To Buy A Vampire Slave -Chapter 65-

I put a hand to my neck, rubbing my throat lightly as I felt a dry, very irritating thirst at the back of my throat.

My eyes were still closed, just coming to a few seconds ago.

I didn't remember when I fell asleep but I felt the weight of books beside me on the bed that I had been reading with Corey.

I blinked several times as I finally opened my eyelids and glanced around the room.

The first thing I noticed was that Corey wasn't lying beside me and I figured he must be out in the kitchen or someplace.

Dragging myself off the bed, I shuffled across the carpet of his room, the sun peeking around the edges of curtains and casting shadows over the floor as I made my way to the door.

I opened it and stepped out into the hall, heading to the kitchen.

Once I entered I saw Mikey, Ivy and Jake all hanging out. Mikey and Jake leaning by the counter and Ivy sitting at the table with her legs crossed.

"Hey there, sleepyhead." Mikey grinned.

I smiled back. "Hi,"

Ivy spoke as I glanced to her; "Corey's at your house. He should be back soon, he left a little over an hour ago to go talk to Reaver."

She answered the question I had been wondering, it was weird how she did that.

"He went to go talk to Reaver by himself?" I inquired, my worry concealed well.

She nodded. "We offered to come but he didn't want us to. He said he wouldn't be gone long. Would you like some coffee?"

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks."

She got up and walked to the coffee maker sitting on the counter, grabbing a mug from the cupboard above it.

I took a seat at the table, biting down on my bottom lip.

"Would you like blood in it?" She inquired.

"Um, no." I shook my head. "No thanks."

She nodded and proceeded to fill up the cup.

Reminded of the aching in my throat, I idly rubbed my neck, my teeth digging into the skin of my lip.

I flinched somewhat when I felt a sharp sting.

I ran my tongue across my lip, tasting blood.

I stopped biting my lip after that, the feeling in my throat worsening.

"Cream or sugar?" Ivy inquired, holding the mug in her long, pale fingers.

Shaking my head, I moved my hand away from my neck as she placed the mug in front of me on the table and took a seat across from me.

"So," Mikey started as I took a sip of the black coffee, enjoying the familiar taste.

"-You wanna get high?"

I smiled, breathing a laugh. "I'm good, thanks."

"Do you smoke?" He questioned.

"...Not yet."

"Do you drink?"

"On occasion." I made a nod.

"Do you do drugs?"

"Uh," I laughed softly. "Not recently."

"Cool. I was into drugs back in the sixties. I was a total hippie."

Jake nodded in agreement. "It's true. He had long hair, listened to The Beatles and John Lennon. Didn't bathe."

I laughed lightly.