6

A week later.

Nyiah kept her head rested on her hand as she read over papers for her grandma

The hospital had ended up contacting Alana's insurance company, who contacted her doctors, alerting them of the situation.

Once they'd found out what was going on, they told Nyiah that Alana was being transferred to the local senior facility. Of course Nyiah refused, which caused them to get a case worker involved.

Now it was being mandated for Alana to be moved to the facility, finding their house environment 'unsafe' for Alana.

So Nyiah was currently in the meeting office at the facility, reading over the papers she had to sign to release the legal guard she had over her grandmother.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Alana rubbed her shoulder, and Nyiah looked over, smiling.

"Nothing baby. I'm okay. Are you okay?" Nyiah wiped her face.

"Damn tail can't lie to me girl." Alana said, and Nyiah laughed.

"I am okay. And we gone be okay granny." Nyiah told her, mostly trying to reassure herself.

Nyiah signed the last page, sighing as soon as the pen touched the paper.

She closed the packet, seeing the paper underneath, and she rose an eyebrow.

"Granny what is this?" She looked over at Alana, and Alana pushed her glasses up, smacking her gums as she read the paper.

"My will girl. You can't read?" Alana clicked her tongue, and Nyiah smacked her lips, laughing.

"I know what it is, why do you have this? You're not dying." Nyiah frowned.

"That case working lady told me let you read over it chile. I say, my grand baby don't need this shit she say yes you do." Alana ran her tongue over her teeth, shrugging.

Nyiah chuckled, reading over the list, raising her eyebrows.

"Everything goes to me? What about daddy and Tee?" Nyiah asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

Alana was her grandma on her dad's side. Nyiah and Tianna didn't share the same father, but Alana still allowed Tianna to live with her since she was Nyiah's sister.

Nyiah's father, Naden, lived in Texas. She'd never really had a real bond with him, and the only reason she was in contact with him was because he sent her a $500,000 allowance every 6 months, or $1,000,000 a year.

Naden had took his heir over the multibillion dollar construction firm from his dad, Nyiah's grandfather, who Alana was previously married to, before he died and she became a widow.

Alana still owned almost half of the company, so she made more than $5, 000,000 a year, not having to raise a finger, and she was giving all of her life earnings and her ownership to Nyiah.