40

Two weeks later.

"Nonna she is fine, dang

"Nonna she is fine, dang." Dave dramatically sighed on the phone, laying in the bed with Nyiah.

"Well you let us got damn hear her." Alana said in the background, making Faye laugh.

"I'm fine granny, and I'm fine nonna." Nyiah chuckled as Dave rubbed her stomach that was still slightly unnoticeable.

"Mhm he probably forced her ass to say that. You know dick while you pregnant make you real crazy." Alana said, and Nyiah gasped as Dave laughed.

"You damn right it do. I remember when I was pregnant with his mama, ouu my husband dic-." Faye started, before Dave cut her off.

"Ahhhh that's enough. Goodbye love y'all see ya later." Dave said before hanging up, and Nyiah laughed.

"They mouth just bad. That's crazy, like who raised them?" Nyiah shook her head, and he laughed.

"Too damn old for that. Ion know where they get that from." Dave ate one of Nyiah's waffle fries from Chick-fil-A.

"I bet that's where Kairi get that cussing from." She said as she dipped her nugget in chic fil a sauce.

"She get that shit from you and your city girl ass music." He frowned at her, and she laughed.

"We some mufuckin' city girls." She shrugged, and he shook his head, listening to the music she had playing from the TV.

"You okay? You need something?" He asked, stretching as he stood up.

"You're leaving?" She frowned, and he chuckled.

"I'm going to the bathroom girl. Is that okay with you?" He asked, and she laughed, waving him off.

Dave went to pee as Nyiah placed her now empty food bag in the trash, drinking from her lemonade.

She yawned, looking down at her stomach that had a small pudge. They'd went to the doctor yesterday, and confirmed she was 4 months and 2 days, pregnant with a boy.

The abortion pill that she'd took 3 months ago, fortunately didn't work, and after taking a DNA test, her child was indeed Dave's, and his only.

She was surprised to find out that she was so far along because she hadn't shown any symptoms. She never thought a pregnancy being the reason for her missed periods since her periods were irregular anyway.

Nyiah looked down at her ring as Dave came out of the bathroom, running his hand over his braids.

"Shit nice huh?" He chuckled, sitting at the bottom of the bed and grabbing her foot.

"Mhm, it's so pretty. How much was it?" She asked, looking up at him.

"$19,000." He said, and she rose an eyebrow.

"You are so crazy." She shook her head as he massaged her foot, and he laughed.

"And that's just the engagement ring. Your wedding ring cost more." He told her, and she smiled.