21

Next Day.

"Nyiah get that phone girl

"Nyiah get that phone girl." Demani tapped her awake, and she breathed in air, her eyes fluttering open.

"Shit." She mumbled as the sun shone in her eye as she reached over to grab her phone.

Seeing it was close to 12pm, she mentally cursed to herself, remembering she never called David back from yesterday afternoon.

She sat up, yawning as she stretched. She looked over at Demani who's eyes remained closed.

"Mani Ima go home now okay?" She mumbled, and he nodded.

"Aight baby." He rasped, keeping his eyes closed.

"Will you be okay? Do you want me to stay?" She asked, rubbing her eye.

"Im good. Im not gone do nothin'. Finna sleep the rest of the day." He chuckled.

"Are you sure? I don't really wanna leave you alone. Can Talon come?" She mumbled.

"I hate that nigga. That's what I was gone tell you the other day. Bitch ass boy stay tryna get into it wit' me." He said, and she shook her head at him, chuckling.

"Okay. Call me as soon as you wake up. Please call me if you wanna talk or something. I'm here for you. I love you." She kissed the side of his face, and he smiled.

"I love you too baby. Close the curtains fa' me." He rasped, and she nodded.

She brushed her teeth, before putting her crocs on, grabbing her phone.

She closed his curtains, his room becoming back dark as she stood over him.

She held his face, and his eyes opened as she kissed his nose, and then the side of his face.

He looked up at her, and she smiled, kissing the other side of his face, and he chuckled.

"I love you long time." She told him, rubbing his small beard.

"I love you long time more." He rasped, and her smile grew.

"Call me." She pulled the cover over him, and he nodded. She turned to walk out, leaving his room door open.

Once she made it out of his house, she used his key to lock the door, and then got in her car.

She stopped and picked up donuts, before pulling up to Dave's house shortly after.

She used her key to unlock his door, softly closing it behind her.

She made her way to Kairi's room, peeking her head inside, seeing her asleep in her bed. Nyiah walked back to Dave's room, and his head looked from the TV to her, and a frown plastered on his face.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry. My phone died at the hospital yesterday and by the time I got to his house, I fell asleep before it came back on. It totally slipped my mind to call you, I'm sorry." She explained before he said anything.