chap. 1 | grooming tails?

a/n : hii!!!!!!!! so this is my first fanfic so it probably sucks but enjoy reading! i appreciate you viewing this <33~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After the vision hunt decree, I feel a lot safergoing outside of my tiny home in Narukami Island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the vision hunt decree, I feel a lot safer
going outside of my tiny home in Narukami Island. Having a cryo vision and being a catalyst wasn't easy in those conditions.

But after the war among the resistance and the Tenryou commission, things have been more easygoing. Being the younger sister of the priestess of Watatsumi Island is pretty rough too.

I usually get overlooked and compared all the time which isn't very fun, but it also means I don't have to do the hard labor involved in the job so I'm okay with this I guess.

I walked down the road to the center of Inazuma. Narukami Island's town isn't bad to be around after being cooped up for so long. This environment, it soothing to be around. The hustle and bustle, the sakura blossoms scattered on the floor but at the same time blowing through the wind, it's nice to take in.

But getting back on track, I mainly came here to

1. finally be outside my teeny tiny home
2. get deserts!!

But right as I walked up the stairs I hear an awfully familiar voice...

"A gorgeous tail like yours deserves some attention don't you agree? Oh my, but your fur doesn't look dry and coarse as if nobody groomed it. Could it be you're taking care of your own tail? Might you want someone else to pet your ears and groom your tail?"

"Huh?! No I am a GENERAL. I'm not interested in those kinds of things!"

Could that be..Yae Miko? I recognized her pink hair and her voice. Her voice is so distinct, like she's prying into your soul..it's pretty intimidating.

Oh wait and Gorou!! I haven't seen him in so long. After Kokomi introduced him to me I haven't really kept in touch. Although, I regret it since my first impression was that he was a cute general. How could anyone think otherwise with that fluffy tail of his and his ears..

Or I could just stop daydreaming and just say hi to him.

"Hey Gorou! Long time so see!" I say, waving my hand slightly.

"Y/N! Hi! Great timing, can you help me get out of this mess? She's so intimidating to be around and she's embarrassing me so.." He whisper shouts at me (yes whisper shouting is a thing okay?)

"Oh my, if it isn't dear Y/N. When you look at Gorou here don't you just dream at petting his fluffy tail and petting him behind the ears..." Yae Miko says, with the most teasing voice someone could possibly muster.

I stare at Gorou's tail for a good second before getting myself together again. Wait-

"Hey not you too!" He flushed with a beet red color.

"Sorry.." I apologized.

"But doesn't he look like he would just curl up in a fetal position and hug his tail when he sleeps?" Yae Miko further teases.

"Hey how did you kno- I mean, why would a GENERAL do such a thing??!"

I don't know how, but he manages to turn a deeper shade of red.

"Wouldn't you just want to groom his tail Y/N?"

Oh god. Well I know Gorou just wants to get out of here, so now is our chance to make a run for it. Before we make the great escape, I link my hand with his and quickly shout,

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that question- CATCH YOU LATER!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: hi!! how's the first chapter? not sure if anyone is reading this because well, this is probably buried within the depths of genshin fics 👎👎  but anyway i hope u continue reading if i have the motivation to write more :)) thanks for sticking around :D