chap. 9 | deserts & an old friend

before we start can we admire this picture of gorou?? LIKE PLS COME HOME ALREADY UGSHFOFJSHC&;&($:@:&!

The sun rays blind my eyes, making me wake up around- 11AM??!! That's a shock for me, I usually get up latest by 9:45AM.

Well all things considered I did stay up until 5AM with Gorou.

OH SHOOT HE'S STILL HERE- Stumbling out of bed, I glance to my right, as Gorou sleeps soundly as his ear twitches when he hears the rustling of my actions.

He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Looks like you heard me get up again, sorry! But good morning!" His bed head hair is almost irresistible to touch but I must refrain myself.

It takes someone a lot of willpower- don't underestimate what fluffy ears can do.

"Mhm..good morning again Y/N!" He jolts up from his sleeping position.

"After we get ready, I have an idea for us! Why don't we go out to Inazuma City again? I just remembered I forgot to buy deserts the other day when I ran into you, no regrets though. Cause now we can go get cake together! It'll be more fun if I had someone to accompany me anyway." I stare at him, anticipating an answer.

Pleasesayyespleasesayyes-

"That's a great idea! I haven't had sweets in so long, let's get a move on!" He says enthusiastically.

Well, I guess being in a resistance, it's not often for the soldiers to eat things like cake and dango.

Walking side by side again, we admire the falling sakura petals from the trees above us.

The stroll there is relaxing, as the weather was nice and there wasn't a single cloud in sight today.

Soon enough, we arrive at the same exact place where we bumped into each other.

"Deja vu huh?" Gorou asks, like he was reading my mind.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that! Ooh look a dango stand! I heard that this place sells dango milk and the Shogun took a liking to it. Recently it's become pretty popular so wanna give it a try?"

I take out my wallet with a few thousand Mora in it.

"No wait, I should treat you. The least I could do for you at this point is pay for these little things no?" He lowers my hand and wallet, paying the man at the stand instead.

He's the only man keeping chivalry alive.

"Aw, thank you so much!"

"No need for thanks! Let's down this shall we?"

He hands me a small blue bottle of dango milk, and we drink the amount given to us.

Unusual, but it wasn't that bad I think.

"It tastes like..thick sweet milk? I rate it a 7.7/10." I say triumphantly.

"Specific are we now? I guess I would say the same. It's nothing like anything I've tasted before but it isn't bad either. Let's go to the cake stand over there!"

Gorou pushes me from behind as I laugh at his eagerness to eat a slice of cake.

"Sale today and today only! For couples only, buy one get one slice free!" The woman yells.

Um- I mean if it gets us a discount might as well right?

I grab ahold of this his hand like a couple would, fingers intertwined.

Gorou's POV
Wha-what is Y/N doing?!

"Buy one get one slice of cake free for couples today!" Some random woman shouts.

Oh wait is it just for the sale for cake? Even though it's not for real, I can still feel a blush on my face.

Shake it off Gorou! Calm down, it's only for the fact there's a buy one get one free sale, nothing serious

"You guys there! Would you like to have one slice of cake free of charge? What a cute couple you guys are!"

The woman gushes as she stares at our linked hands. I can't even bring myself to speak.

"Yes we are! Now, here's the Mora and give us the free cake will ya?" Y/N blurts, her face equally as flushed as mine.

Well, at least it isn't just me. It's a bit awkward but for the sake of sweets, so it's okay for now. The woman hands us two pieces of cake with strawberries on top, shaped as hearts.

"Uhh, sorry if that made you uncomfortable. But hey we saved Mora didn't we?" Y/N nervously chuckles.

"It's okay, I don't mind because..we have cake now!" I give her a smile to ease the awkwardness.

Y/N's POV
Well now that the awkward tension is gone, we start eating the cakes in front of us on a nearby picnic spot.

From the corner of my eye, I see Gorou downing his slice. I guess he really was excited to eat sweets huh?

I eat mine slowly, since I did just have dango. But before I can eat my fourth bite I look over to him again and see he's already finished.

"Eager were you?" I laugh at him a little.

"Hey! To be fair, we didn't get to eat sweets like these back at the camp!" He jokingly huffs in defense.

"Want some of mine? Here, I'm full from the dango we had earlier so feel free to take it!" I hand over my plate to him.

"Well if you're sure..thank you!" He grins at me. Just seeing his happy expression is more enough to repay me back.

In the distance, we both see a huge ship coming in from the dock. Not only that but we see a certain individual with a stripe of red hair sitting on the very top part of the ship and a captain with an electro vision.

"Is that...Captain Beidou and Kazuha?"

Gorou squints his eyes and so do I, until we see him waving at us from afar.

We ran towards the Crux's ship , and Kazuha glides down and greets us with a small hug.

"Y/N, Gorou, no time no see old friends." He smiles.

For some reason, I always found that Kazuha's smile is gentle in a way.

"Wait a minute..where even did you and Captain Beidou even come from?" I question him with my eyebrows raised in suspense.

Where could Kazuha have gone after he left this island?

"I traveled my ways to the city of contracts, Liyue. I discovered an ancient instrument while exploring and I spent some time with Aether as well."

"Well I'm glad you're back safe Kazuha!" Gorou says, giving him a high five.

"Oh speaking of which, while you're here for the time being..do you want to hangout with Gorou and I? We can be a trio of friends!" I ask him, hoping for a yes.

Kazuha is always traveling everywhere, so maybe all three of us can spend some time with each other for once? Even so, without hesitation he answers.

"It would be my pleasure, Y/N and Gorou."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: hi guys :D look who it is!! my favorite genshin character of all time- kazuha !!! no i don't have him i have a qiqi c1 okay 🥲 (for those of you wondering i am indeee f2p but my account literally sucks even though i'm ar 56 😭) also, for everyone that wants more kokomi content she will be in here in later chapters so i won't be including much of her as of now 🙏 (ooh foreshadow)