chap. 19 | sister bonding

Izumi, Gorou and I make our way to Kokomi's grand bedroom

This place felt so familiar, but I felt like it's been so long that I don't even recognize the shrine.

Corridor after corridor, it felt strange to be back here.

I try knocking on her door a few times, but there was no answer.

"It could be that Her Excellency is asleep." Izumi suggests.

"Maybe we shouldn't bother her? I would hate to disturb her rest when she's working so hard." Gorou says hesitantly.

"Nope, I know if she's not here- there's only one other place where she could be. Izumi, you can just stick around here. Gorou, I'll meet you back at your house later if that's okay. For now, I'll walk with you back to Borou Village since it's on the way."

Gorou gives me a thumbs up for approval.

"Alright, Y/N. Just be safe okay?"

"Got it! Goodbye Izumi!"

"Goodbye Ms. Izumi, it was nice meeting you."

"Farewell, Y/N and General Gorou."

~*~

I absorbed my surroundings, taking in everything around me. The Sango Pearls I used to collect, the pink grass, everything.

I felt like I was here so long ago, but in reality it's only been a year.

"You know, coming back here gives me memories of all kinds. But I think things have changed because now, being here makes me feel bubbly inside somehow....I'm not sure how to explain it."

"Was that supposed to be a pun? Because if that was it wasn't that bad."

The both of us laugh to ourselves, but before we know it the bubbles floating in the had turned into falling raindrops.

And then it starts raining hard. Like, pouring.

"Doesn't feel so bubbly now does it? Ah no my tail! It's getting wet!" He yells frantically, panic spreading across his face.

"I guess you could say it's raining cats and DOGS!"

Gorou looks at me with the most unamused face I've ever seen.

Yeah, probably should've saved myself the embarrassment.

"Haha. You sure have a lot of puns up your sleeve today don't you?" He teases.

Lighting strikes just up ahead of us and we both flinch a little.

"Ah geez, that scared me! If looks like we're both not the best at handling thunderstorms are we? Let's quickly head back, before the lightening gets to us."