chap. 17 | departure

let me clarify that i only made this the chapter title cause of hxh. can i get a daichi wo fumishimete in the comments ☝️💯 10/10 i do recommend watching 😏
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 can i get a daichi wo fumishimete in the comments ☝️💯 10/10 i do recommend watching 😏~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I feel like I've been in Inazuma City more than I've spent time at home..." I chuckle.

"Time for a scenery change maybe?" Gorou suggests.

I may want a scenery change, but I certainly don't want things between us to change.

You know, unless we become something slightly more than friends?

That would be my ultimate dream, except I don't have the guts to say anything out loud. I promise myself I'll save it for another time though!

"And that's why I'm about to sail back to Watatsumi Island! Well, I hope everyone won't recognize me even though I look the same as always."

I look at my H/C locks again, and it's only gotten a few centimeters longer than last time.

I haven't grown in terms of height either. I'm basically the same height as Kokomi too, ever since I turned 15.

Yeah, I really do look the same.

"Don't worry too much, I'll be with you whenever you really need it! And you still look...good." He exclaims to me.

"I- um...thank you, really."

Across my cheeks was dusted with pink. I'll admit it, compliments from him make always my heart skip a beat- literally.

"Nope! Thank YOU for tagging along with me to go back to a place where you didn't have the best memories at. Seriously, I really appreciate your company."

Gorou's tail sways side to side, his face flushed.

"O-of course! So do I, after all. Now that I think about it, I have a wave rider we can take in Ritou. My sister provided me one before when I wanted to explore the outskirts of our home island. I haven't sailed a boat in a while though. Is this what Kazuha feels like every time he sets sail?"

"I mean, unless you want to ice bridge the two of us all the way to Watatsumi Island, which definitely a brilliant idea."

We both laugh for a minute before walking all the way to Ritou to look for my wave rider. It was quite the journey just to find it, but it's about to be an even longer one once we set sail.

"Do you remember where you last left it?"

"I think I kept it in a parking garage made specifically for wave riders. It should be this way, over here!"