chap. 3 | training in session! pt. 1

And so we begin our training session to prepare for our "battle" against Yae Miko

And so we begin our training session to prepare for our "battle" against Yae Miko. We might need some preparation before our face off with her again.

After all, even though I'm helping Gorou overcome his struggle, I myself also find Yae Miko to be intimidating. Anyway, I guess this might be an experience of both of us so I'll get on with it.

"So Gorou, let's head to the corner over there so we can role play for you to train not to be a pushover! Did that sentence even make sense?"

I rethink my choice of words because well, how do I put it...I'm not the best at helping people with words but I try. It's a general that needs my help after all, I can't possibly let him down right?

"Sure! Okay, you start being the salesman or rather..salesgirl first!"

How should I go about this? I can try and be one of those salesperson that sells stuff for an extremely high price. That way, Gorou can try and negotiate instead of being talked over.

"Welcome to Y/N's goods! We have lots of things here like home supplies, pillows, and much more!"

"Um, well uh, hi! I'm here to ahem-purchase..blankets! For my soldiers. Yeah so um, what deals might you have here?"

"About 20,000 Mora per blanket."

"Okay, I'll hand you the check in just a second."
"Wait Gorou- you give in just like that? Those blankets must be top tier if you had to pay THAT much..."

Is this how he gets ripped off all the time? I wonder how he stays financially stable if he spends this much money on such a basic item.

"Huh, really? Her Excellency usually supplies me with Mora to buy things for the resistance so I guess I don't know too much about the value of things like blankets..sorry." He says with his ears drooping a little.

Aw wait-

"There's no need to be sorry! We can just try another training method!! Like..how about fighting physical combat to get you in the mindset? I can role play Fatui since I come across them quite often here in Inazuma. There seems to be quite the population here so I know how they act, why don't we give it a shot?" I say, in hope to get his spirit higher.

"That's a good idea! Well then, let's get a move on to the plains. There ought to be a open space there so we can role play and have a friendly spar if needed. We both have a vision after all!"

He says this with a triumphant smile on his face. Gorou's smile could make anybody's day honestly. It's so pure and it's a nice asset to a general.

"Alright! Let's go to Byakko Plains and get a brand new start!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: hii how are you guys liking it so far? i decided to post an early chapter just because i kinda feel like the chapters are pretty short but um i'll work on it 🥲 i literally wrote down a whole PLOT in my notes D: also, if you've done the hangout event with gorou this may sound a little repetitive but i promise it'll be over in a few chapters or when the important part is finished🤙 anywayz hope you'll continue to read this mess i call a fic 😁✅