chap. 24 | older sister things

I awaken to a fast asleep Gorou, as in his sleep- he curls his tail and hugs it close to him

This is the second time I've seen him do this, and I'll admit...it's so cute.

I admire his sleeping face for a moment before his emerald eyes jolt open to be greeted with my face.

"Y/N...were you staring at me?"

"Huh? What? Pshhhh...no!"

"Mhm...are you sure?"

"Yeah-"

"You liar! Do you at least like what you see?" He smirks.

Red blooms across my flustered face, as I'm still not used to this side of his teasing.

"Okay fine, yes I do! Now, go get ready. We have quite the day ahead of us."

I'm about to leave the bedside, but a pair of arms latch themselves on my waist.

"Don't go yet..."

He knows that whenever he gets clingy like this, there's nothing I can do about it.

I mean come on, I'm not going to pass up the chance to cuddle with Gorou at any given time.

Stopping in my tracks, I get back in bed with him reluctantly.

"Okay fine, let's stay like this for a little while longer. We can visit my sister in the afternoon I guess, okay?"

He engulfs me with his arms, and I inhale his scent.

The familiar scent I always find my way to, he always smells like sweet vanilla.

It's almost intoxicating...his scent is so nice.

Um anyway, I wrap one arm around his waist and I use the other to ruffle his bedhead hair.

Gorou off the battlefield is so adorable, I could go on and on about him all day.

"Alright alright, let's get moving before it's too late."

I pull him up from the bed with my two arms and he still looks pretty tired.

"Mmm...I'm still tired." He whines.

This leaves two options.

1. Tickle him
2. Bribe him with something

Eh, I'll save the tickling for later. I have a better option.

"Do you want to date me?"

He instantly perked up, his eyes wide open.

"Yes."

The fact that he answered so quickly made me chuckle.

I ruffle his bedhead like I usually do, and cup his face delicately so we could make eye contact.