valentine's day special | sucker for sweets

a quick heads up- this takes place in a highschool modern au 😋
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a quick heads up- this takes place in a highschool modern au 😋~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now normally, I hate Valentine's Day.

Cause you know, looking at other couples holding hands and all and being lovey dovey in the highschool hallways never failed to make me roll my eyes.

Couples mostly being Xingqiu and Chongyun.

I literally had to be the third wheel for them a couples of times.

But I'll admit it, they are cute together. And it is fun hanging out with them...usually.

Of course, it all came back to the fact I was just jealous I never had anyone to do those things with.

This year is different though, because I am no longer a lonely freshman!

I'm a sophomore now, but not just ANY sophomore...a sophomore with a boyfriend!

Boyfriend being, Gorou. I somehow, someway, managed to pull the captain of the track club.

To be honest, I don't really know what he finds special in me, because I basically blend in with the crowd.

Not that I'm complaining though- Gorou treats me really nicely.

I open my locker, placing the sweets I bought for Gorou in there so I could give it to him later.

"Mornin' Y/N! Happy Valentine's Day!" I hear Gorou say from behind me.

I turn around to be greeted by- oh. Not Gorou.

"Oh um, hi Chlide. Happy Valentine's Day too?" I say in confusion.

"Would you like to go on a date with me after school-"

Before he could even ask me out, a pair of hands intertwine with mine.

"-no, she has plans to go out with me later, Childe." Gorou firmly stated, glaring into his blue eyes.

As much as I dislike being flirted with by other guys, I love seeing that protective side of him.

"Hahaha alright, no need to get so defensive! See ya later girlie~" Childe waves, winking at me.

I just roll me eyes and sigh in response to his flirtatious manner.

"Perfect timing as always, Gorou. And happy Valentine's Day!" I say, wrapping my arms around him for a quick hug.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Y/N! I'm just glad I stopped him in time."

He opens his mouth to say something again, but then closes it again. His eyes droop down to the floor, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Ahem, I'll ask you properly this time.Would you um, like to...you know...go ice skating with me after school?"

"Yes a hundred times! That sounds fun, I'll meet you at the gate outside of school 'kay?"