Chapter 4

Aoko walked into the airport with two large suitcases and a backpack. One case held all of her hero gear and the other had her civilian clothes and necessities. Thankfully she was told the Endeavor agency was going to provide her with a place to live and amenities when she got there, and she would have an allowance to get anything else she needed when she arrived.

"You're so lucky, Endeavor is so generous to give you so much allowance, I have to buy most of my own stuff, but they do provide housing for us which is pretty cool. Do you know where your living?" asked Kat who walked next to Aoko with her own suitcases, they ended up being able to take the same flight over along with two other IHEP recruits heading to different Japan agencies.

"I'm in an apartment with some other of the newer heroes at the agency although they didn't say who it was. They did say I was sharing with three other people though. Which will be good considering my quirk recharges best if I rest near others. I hope the other girls will be okay with that and won't get freaked out." worried Aoko. "I did put it on my profile so they should know already, but I'll tell them as well. If they aren't okay with it, I'll be fine on my own too, I've been working hard on being able to find other ways to recharge efficiently. My mom notices the same thing with hers. She thinks that is like our bodies are naturally converting the energy of whomever we are resting next to at the same rate that the energy is made which causes us to not make them weak while still making us strong. Otherwise, my dad would be knocked on his ass all day every day." joked Aoko.

"Hmmm, that would make the most sense. I'm sure they won't mind if you just nap next to them on the couch or something. That usually what you did in school, and everyone was totally fine with it." commented Kat.

"Yeah, but this Japan, it'll probably be really different, and we are foreigners. I don't know how they'll feel about that." added Aoko nervously.

"At least your totally fluent in Japanese, my skills are just basic...god it's gonna be a struggle bus." groaned Kat as they stood in line at the baggage check line.

"Immersion is the perfect teacher, I'm sure you'll be able to get where you need to be in no time. You're a fast learner." replied Aoko with a reassuring smile.

"Are you nervous?" asked Kat as they reached the desk.

"Absolutely...you?"

"Totally."

"Tickets, and Identification." said the lady at the desk. Kat separated and sent to the desk next to Aoko.

"Here." said Aoko as she pulled out her ticket, passport, and International and American Hero Licenses. She had gotten her international license when she had just graduated and had an internship in Canada. It just meant she wouldn't have to get it now, where Kat was going to have to get hers once they got over to Japan.

"Ah, a Pro-Hero? Sidekick? What's sending you over to Japan? Or can you not say?" asked the lady at the desk.

"I'm joining an agency over there as part of the International Hero Exchange Program." replied Aoko.

"Really? That's pretty cool. Good luck. Here's your stuff back. Put your bags on the scale." she told Aoko. Aoko heaved the bags up on the scale.

"Looks good. You must've got a pretty good agency to travel first class, or they must really want you. Must have a pretty good quirk, right?"

"I guess it's pretty good." shrugged Aoko. She didn't really like bragging about her quirk to strangers. She didn't want to accidently reveal too much information to the wrong person.

"Well, you're all checked in, your gate will be that way. Good luck in Japan hero." she waved.

"Thanks." replied Aoko as she turned to see Kat stepping towards her with her carry on with her.

"Alright let's go!" cheered Kat as she looped arms with Aoko.

"Do you think they coordinated it so all of us IHEP heroes will sit by each other in first class?" asked Aoko.

"Probably, it would make sense for use to all at least meet each other since we're all in the same program going to the same general place if we need to get in contact again later." said Kat as they walked towards the gate to wait to board their flight.

"Well, our plane doesn't start boarding for another hour, do you want to grab something to eat quick before we get on?" suggested Aoko.

"Sounds good to me, but your buying, Miss number one agency."

"Ugh, your gonna keep using that against me now, aren't you?"

"You're damn right I am." Kat grinned as she skipped forwards towards food with Aoko in tow.