Chapter 11

"Are you almost done yet? you damn brat!"  hissed Bakugo who was now holding multiple bags in his hands as he stomped behind Aoko who was still looking around at everything like a fascinated child.   Todoroki and Izuku were next to him carrying bags as well.  At some point it seemed to have become a competition among the men to see who could snatch the bag from Aoko to carry first...and Todoroki and Bakugo were currently tied with four bags each.

    "Almost.  Just one last stop...here I think this should have it.  You guys can stay here.  I'll be super quick, I promise.  Then we can get something to eat and head back to the apartment.   And then...to the gym!"  Aoko cheered at the last part.  She was really excited to hopefully prove herself at least a little as a competent fighter and teammate to these guys.  

   "Yeah, whatever, just hurry up.  I'm starving."  complained Bakugo.  Aoko shot them all a quick smile before darting into the small store.  

     "What the hell is she even getting here anyways?"  muttered Bakugo.

"Probably those female products."  replied Todoroki which caused the other two boys to looks at him with wide eyes and mouths open in shock.

   "Why would you think that, Todoroki?"  spurted Izuku.  Todoroki pointed inside the store to where Aoko was indeed by where there was an array of feminine hygiene products in the back of the store.  She was also talking with a female employee who seemed to be helping her find something.  

    The other boys seemed to start turning a bit red at this and Todoroki was confused.  

    "Why are you both so red?  Is something wrong?  Are you coming down with something?" Todoroki asked, now concerned.

    "No, no, we're fine.  Don't worry about it."  waved Izuku.   He just felt really awkward and a bit intrusive now.  He had never had to really think about that kind of stuff.  When their previous female roommate had lived with them, she was always super pissy whenever it was that time of the month, and the boys would try to avoid her like the plague...and now Izuku was praying that Aoko was not like that too.  

    "Thanks for waiting guys, let's go grab some food now."  Aoko thanked as she bounded over to them out of the store with a small white bag in her hand.  

     "I think I saw a yummy looking noodle shop on the way over here.  Do you guys want to stop there?"  she asked as she walked back in the direction they had come from.   

    "Sounds good to me." agreed Izuku as he followed behind her. 

"Me too."  replied to Todoroki.

    "Whatever, let's just eat."  grumbled Bakugo as he caught up to walk next to Aoko.  He reached over and took the small bag out of her hand and kept walking like nothing had happened.  Aoko tried to hide the small smile that was creeping onto her face but didn't acknowledge what he did.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so excited to get the opportunity...to kick all three of your asses."  grinned Aoko to herself as she walked into the training arena after walking out of the women's locker room now clad in her hero costume, minus her bomber jacket.   She began to stretch out her arms as she walked over to meet the three boys who were also now in their hero costumes.  Aoko had to admit, they all looked pretty damn good in them.  

    "Ah yeah, I'm all fired up now.  I've been looking forward to this since I heard that your sorry ass was joining us."  taunted Bakugo as he rolled his shoulders back.  

    "So how do we want to do this?"  asked Todoroki.   "There are four of us.  It would probably make the most sense if we did a two-on-two match. Or we can do one on one matches and switch off."  

    "Well, we are trying to learn to work as a team, right?  While also getting used to each other's quirks, well mainly you all are getting used to mine and me getting used to the three of yours.  I think that having the two on two be the most beneficial as it will encourage teamwork and being able to combine the power of our quirks."  voiced Aoko as they had now gathered in the center of the arena in a circle.   

   "I agree.  So how do we want to split up?"  asked Izuku.

"Well, I know that explosions for brains over here really wants to try and rip me a new one, so I guess that we'll be on opposite teams, at least for the first match.  We could switch partners for the second one to get a feel for things."  commented Aoko. 

   "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.  As long as we don't go too overboard and no one gets too roughed up."  said Izuku side eyeing Bakugo who just rolled his eyes.  

   "I'll team up with you first, Izuku.  I think that our quirks might actually be surprisingly compatible."  smiled Aoko.  

   "Guess that leaves us to work together Bakugo."  noted Todoroki. 

"Tch, whatever, just try not to get in the way too much, Ice-hot."  scoffed Bakugo.

    "Alright I'll set a timer to give each team three minutes to quickly strategize and then when it goes off, we can begin.  We'll have twenty-minute matches or until the other team is apprehended before switching off."  said Izuku as he set the large timer up on the wall that was basically like a score board.

   "And start."  finished before Aoko snatched his arm and dragged him away from the center of the room.

   "Okay, what's the low down that I should know before we fight those two?"  asked Aoko.

   "Kachan's fighting style is primary melee and mid ranged combat using his explosions to boost his speed and caused him to be extremely fast and agile.  He also has incredible control over his quirk and reflexes.  Todoroki usually usually sticks to long-ranged combat and tends to favor his ice side of his quirk, but will definitely use his fire side...but if you get him back into a corner, he will more likely attack with ice out of instinct."  explained Izuku.  Aoko nodded at his words, trying to absorb in all the information he was telling her.

    "What about you?  What kind of fighting style to do usually go with?"  she asked.  Izuku scratched the back of his neck.  

     "My quirk is pretty versatile.  I have the ability to use what I call Black Whip for long ranged attacks and to subdue opponents as a capture weapon, but I usually tend to fight in a melee or close-range style."  he admitted.  Aoko nodded in thought for a moment.  

   "What about you?"  asked Izuku after a moment. 

"I tend to try and use mid to long range attacks if I can use my energy disks or offer support to my allies through power boosts.  But if I get in close enough to touch my opponent, I can steal some of their energy the longer I have physical contact, but I have to do it with intent.  I have to be careful though because if I take too much it could cause me to start bleeding internally from an overload or it could cause my opponent to pass out...or if I really try hard and wanted to, I could kill them or put them in a coma.  Oh!  And I can use my disks to fly around or stretch and use as a shield.  You can use them too but remember I can only make up to five.  I have to use two of them if I'm going to use them for mobility to fly around and then I only have three that I can toss around or use as shields."  reminded Aoko.  Izuku nodded as he rubbed his chin trying to strategize as he glanced at the clock and saw that they only had a minute left.  

      "Alright...I think I've got a plan."  he said with a smile.