4

The System can be upgraded, right? How is it done?”

【 Master has to complete missions to level up. The Accumulation Mission requires Master to make dear Mr. Jeon smile —genuinely— ten times. Each time will come with a one-point reward. Ten points are needed to unlock the Upgrade Mission.

The Upgrade Mission requires Master to brew Mr. Jeon a cup of coffee. A cup of coffee that you brewed yourself, okay, Master? 】

“…..” That explained why the System was called the Virtuous Wife System. Lisa suddenly felt enlightened.

She had to make Jungkook smile genuinely ten times? The task seemed a bit difficult. Admittedly, aside from when he was acting, she had never seen a smile on his face before. However, Lisa was interested in taking the challenge.

As the matter of fact, she felt that compared to upgrading the System, making Jungkook smile was far more motivating and meaningful. She really did want to see how that man looked when he was smiling!

…..

Meanwhile, Jungkook was talking on the phone, giving instructions to someone.

“Let me know everything you can dig up about what’s happened to and around her recently.” His voice was grim, and his expression was one of concern, with a hint of determination in it.

He didn’t want to do an investigation on Lisa, but he was even more unwilling to be kept in the dark if something bad had happened to her. 

If he were the Jungkook from three years ago, then he would’ve been powerless to do anything, but the current him was more capable. To him, the events during breakfast and Lisa’s change were too weird to ignore.

Neither her decision to not divorce nor the “thank you” she gave were things that she would do under normal circumstances.

After three years of marriage, her indifference and stubbornness had left a deep and almost scarring impression on him. Her eyes only contained herself. Regardless of the occasion, he had never heard a “thank you” come out of her mouth before.

Words of praise were scarce, and the instances of her changing her mind were almost nonexistent.

And yet, just a few hours ago, it all occurred. Jungkook couldn’t not overthink it.

Just what had happened?

Jungkook sat on the sofa outside of Lisa’s bedroom and began to think. Last night, he’d also sat in the same spot and contemplated for the entire night. He’d thought about the time he first met her.

The indescribable feeling he would get when she made his heart race.

His decision to enter the entertainment circle for her.

Their contract.

Their marriage.

And lastly, her indifference and disdain towards him…

Maybe it was due to the contractual nature of their marriage, but Lisa had always believed that he’d agreed to it because it was a transaction that promised him a desirable future.