24

Jungkook prepared a full-course meal for dinner. The dishes were all scrumptious and aromatic, but Lisa ate carefully, making sure her every move was controlled and not one bit comical.

As expected, this time Jungkook didn’t laugh. In his eyes, this version of Lisa was what he deemed normal. The one where she would get excited over delicious food was not. Absolutely not.

Maybe she was just too hungry that time, he thought.

This outcome put Lisa in a dilemma. Yes, he wasn’t laughing at her eating habits anymore, but not laughing at all was worse. After all, her mission was to make him laugh or smile. She felt like she had shot herself in the foot, but then again, if someone had told her to deliberately tease him to make him laugh, she definitely wouldn’t be able to do it.

She continued to feel troubled until dinner ended. Right when she stood up to leave for the study, she heard Jungkook’s phone ring. Although he harbored some doubts about who the caller might be, he didn’t try to hide from her and answered the call right where he was standing.

“Tzuyu? Do you need something?” Tzuyu was Jungkook’s university classmate and Lisa’s in-law. Plus, she was also involved in the entertainment circle, so occasionally he would have to interact with her.

Though of course, most of their interactions were one-sidedly initiated by Tzuyu.

Having heard the name “Tzuyu,” Lisa didn’t want to leave anymore. She stood in place and stared straight at Jungkook, completely unabashed about her blatant eavesdropping. Not only that, but she even took a few steps toward him when she decided that she couldn’t hear clearly enough. Jungkook  saw this scene and was left a bit speechless.

Eavesdropping as if it was only natural… Was this really the Lisa he knew?

“Film Emperor Jeon, I haven’t congratulated you on winning the award yet. When will you have time to get together for a class reunion? Our old classmates all want to get your autograph,” Tzuyu said coquettishly.

Jungkook frowned. He’d always found her voice annoying to listen to, but that was just how she talked, so he couldn’t say anything about it.

“Thank you. We can meet up when I have time,” he responded in a mild tone that wasn’t too cold, but not too distant either. However, this was only on behalf of them being old classmates, and also on her relation with Lisa.

She had been waiting for those words, and she had also endured for several days before finally making this call.

“Then how about tomorrow? Let’s have dinner together. It’s always good for old classmates to get together from time to time.”

“… Work has been busy lately, so let’s wait.” Looking off to the side at Lisa, who was still staring openly at him, for some reason he felt like declining would be the best option.

Tzuyu giggled. “Being the Film Emperor is busy, but you should at least have time for a meal, right? Or will you be accompanying your beloved wife? You and President Manoban sure are enviable.” Although she hid it well, there was still a trace of sourness in her voice.

Ever since the start of university, she had taken a fancy to this handsome man. However, due to some issues regarding her family relations and the awareness that her family would not accept him, she’d refrained from making a move.